Author Topic: Star Trek: The Mirror Universe pinball  (Read 10905 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Star Trek: The Mirror Universe pinball
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:12:56 PM »
looks good, do you know the cut speed (mm per minute) as I would of thought just under a hour once everything is up and running is ok.

No. I'm not sure of the cut speed on the shopbot and the birch plywood. I think the longest time is the mill thru for the inserts and outline. Next is proably the ball lane.
The longest time is proably going to be tool swaps and re-zeroing the tool to the PFs.

are you going to spot screw holes etc in the understand as then some locator holes will be beneficial.

Lost me - your phrasing through me off.
Are you asking if I am drilling screw holes in the PF? If so; yes. The 1hr time includes drilling 7 different screw hole sizes. Some thru the board. Some @0.3" inches.
Basically; I'm drilling all the holes I should need for the top side; including ball guide rail holes.

As for the bottom; I'm not drilling anything except what is drilled from the top side.

yes that is what I meant with SPOTTING the screw holes

with the cut speed, it all depends on the combination of machine and router and cutter but you should easily  achieve 1000mm per minute but could go up to 2000 to 6000mm per minute. You probably have been taught this but ensure that you slow the cut speed for tight curves / corners otherwise the machine will over size the cut due to momentum going one direction and then radically another. Also on any multi-depth cuts, offset the initial cuts but have the final cut - cut the size you want and it cleans up the cut lines of the previous depth cuts = just looks nice. Hope I haven't confused you.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts