Author Topic: Coin door question  (Read 196 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Coin door question
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
Bought a couple of Mark C's coin doors and was aware of possibly replacing a plug. I'm just wondering what that small plug currently on the door is for?

Why am I interested? Well on my TZ it has only one plug going to the PCB and an earth wire...that's it. I remember someone asking once why his door interlock doesn't work on his TZ (mine doesn't either) and I'm wondering if this has something to do with it???

The coin door PCB is the same on all my WPC95's so would be keen to know the answer before installing without the plug
Thanks
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Coin door question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 12:50:47 PM »
Rob, most TZ's did not have the interlock only the very last few produced (if any)
So if the plug you are refering to is for the interlock you obviously do not require it.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
Bought a couple of Mark C's coin doors and was aware of possibly replacing a plug. I'm just wondering what that small plug currently on the door is for?

Why am I interested? Well on my TZ it has only one plug going to the PCB and an earth wire...that's it. I remember someone asking once why his door interlock doesn't work on his TZ (mine doesn't either) and I'm wondering if this has something to do with it???

The coin door PCB is the same on all my WPC95's so would be keen to know the answer before installing without the plug
Thanks

Rob,

The small plug I understand is for P2K games.  It simply is a plug which goes into the coin door interface board for the coin mechs, power to the coin door lights and for the diagnostic switches...

My thread on the one I did is here:  http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=2295.0

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »
Thanks Marty but I got a couple of the Aussie doors that had the 13 pin connector and a 3 pin connector with only two wires coming out. I tried it on my TZ without plugging in the small plug and no problems so far. Did my ToM that had two long plugs because I guess it had a Euro electronic mech and just plugged in the 13pin (left off the 3 pin) and no problems as well. I took a photo of it now if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:19:25 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium