Author Topic: Hotwaxing a playfield.  (Read 131 times)

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hotwaxing a playfield.
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Has anyone tried this.I saw it being done on a Tim Arnold dvd and was very impressed.I have just finished a playfield restoration and am hesitant to apply mylar in case I stuff up.The machine is a woodrail so it will not be subjected to a great deal of plays but has a fair amount of touch up, so I do not want to leave it `raw`.If anyone has tried this method I would love to know how it turned out and what is the product that is available in Oz.Stay cool, Mark.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Re: Hotwaxing a playfield.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
I think most people by canuba wax. I scrape some with a spoon & use a torch. You melt the wax, poor it on playfield, & spread it out. You do a small area at a time & works great on older playfields. If it flames up, you blow it out, cool blue flame from wax.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Hotwaxing a playfield.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »
I find using canuba and rubbing it in to work well. Once you start rubbing it liquifies and spreads well. A little bit of elbow grease to get started, then it's easy.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”