Author Topic: Funhouse L9 Rom  (Read 238 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Funhouse L9 Rom
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:39:46 PM »
Hey all- does anyone know if by upgrading to the L9 Rom if it improves the voice quality on the game at all ?
DW Drums rule !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Funhouse L9 Rom
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »
I've ordered the L9 and the sound rom which has to go with it.  Not sure if it improves quality though.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
Great - you can be my guinea pig then :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »
I've also read that the L9 has the option to turn Rudi's eyes off.  I think they move more with this ROM.

Should be an issue now with my delrins!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 09:05:57 AM »
I put these in very soon after getting my game - there were some definite improvements in the lighting effects, and some modes use a increasingly rapid flash (ie Gangway as time runs out) to show time left. There are some sound effects that were improved too. One of the better improvements is the trapdoor loop - on a single loop (the first) if the ball falls back, it will be caught by the raised door. With the new ROM if it passes the switch but falls back, that second trigger is treated as having made the shot so the door closes. There were some other things, but too long ago to remember, but I was happy with the changes at the time.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”