Author Topic: WHAT OTHER HOBBYS do you have other than pinball.  (Read 1694 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: WHAT OTHER HOBBYS do you have other than pinball.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
Apart from pinballs ive been known to do up a few cars.  (Except my own HQ Monaro)   And i enjoy restoring anything old or coin operated.   Im also good at Drinking Johhny walker and Coke and pissing off the wife but there more of an expertise than a hobby

Offline Pinballace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »
High end stereo systems aka audiophile.  Currently running Genesis 201 speakers with custom tube mono's.  Don't ask about the theater room in the basement.

WOW can i come over?? *)*

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using as a source with that gear?

EAD Signature processor, custom CD player given to me by an engineer that worked at NSM, the CD output is run through a Genesis Lens which does a fantastic job taking out the digital clipping.  The tube amps are one of kind which were designed and built by an engineer in New Jersey specifically for the 201 mid/tweeter.  I got the speakers and amps from a writer/critics for one of the audiophile magazines.
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »
High end stereo systems aka audiophile.  Currently running Genesis 201 speakers with custom tube mono's.  Don't ask about the theater room in the basement.

WOW can i come over?? *)*

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using as a source with that gear?

EAD Signature processor, custom CD player given to me by an engineer that worked at NSM, the CD output is run through a Genesis Lens which does a fantastic job taking out the digital clipping.  The tube amps are one of kind which were designed and built by an engineer in New Jersey specifically for the 201 mid/tweeter.  I got the speakers and amps from a writer/critics for one of the audiophile magazines.

Awesome.

Do you use the EAD for 2 channel listening? (sorry about the questions, wrong forum i know, just don't get me asking bout cables *)*)
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
Apart from pinballs ive been known to do up a few cars.  (Except my own HQ Monaro)   And i enjoy restoring anything old or coin operated.   Im also good at Drinking Johhny walker and Coke and pissing off the wife but there more of an expertise than a hobby

yes your monaro ........  AND .....

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »

Well its been moved does that count as work LOL

Offline d3vlin

• Forum Posts:
  • geelong
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
love taking the boat out for a bit of a fish as oftern as i can. cant say im very good at catching them but i give it a go ^&^ ^&^

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
here you go cavey, here is a picture of my monaro it was originally a 253 but now has a 308

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:57:35 PM by Chad »

Offline jed21

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
Apart from Pinball, jukeboxs and arcade im into way to many other costly hobbies such as RC helicopters, race cross country mountain bikes, play guitar and also pistol shooting. Also into any kind of sports and generally stick to the more risky ones for that kick of adrenaline   !*!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »
I have a LX SS Torana that used to take up heaps of my time, but now its dirtbike riding in the bush every weekend I get off work.
Also have collected all the 1:18 biante Peter Brock models

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
here you go cavey, here is a picture of my monaro it was originally a 253 but now has a 308

when i was about 20 yrs of age, a mate of mine built an identical car to your yellow monaro. he had a 253 blue printed and spent ALOT of money on it.
One day, my brother and his mate said lets race. I was in the monaro, my brother and his mate on a Kawasaki Z1000 (same bike in the orig mad max movie that does the mad power stand over the hill with 2 x blokes on it). Well, we had the race, we were sitting on 240 klms an hour and my mate n brother on the Kawasaki crawled past us and disappeared off in the distance doing about 270k's an hour. I will never forget that day til the day and die. I also note, it was the only time i have ever sat in a holden and enjoyed it. My dad was a ford man thru and thru.So, i was a Ford man.

But now only like Mercedes now that i have got older and saved a few pennys. I am looking at buying a Benz this next 12 months.The car market has died bigtime and there are alot of bargains around. I have always wanted a Benz. My wife says "sell all the pinballs" and buy her a benz too.
I say "no way hosay". My pinball collection is never going anywhere. Unless i can stick them in the benz. lol !
Had my fair share of 2 door Ford XB n XC coupes/351's. Nothing like the noise of a revving V8. Nothing evers comares to the V8 burble.

Nice monaro thats for sure.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:46:45 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »
"crawled past us and disappeared off in the distance doing about 270k's an hour"

Haha yeah! Now that sounds great but something i've never done, and doubt i'll ever do at my age.
I remember driving around Sydney in my bosses Ford F-250 (1976 model) and LOVING it. What a sound, never got bored of that engine sound. I used to really enjoy pulling up next to try-hard home boys in their hatch-backs at red lights and basically scare the crap out of them by revving a bit @@*. This vehicle turned some heads, but that's about my only 'cool' car experience unfortunately, i turned to Rock'n'Roll as a young lad and didn't, and still don't, care for many other things, except pins, oh, and girls.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »

Well its been moved does that count as work LOL

no

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

I would not exactly call it a hobby, but I've restored a 1979 Toyota Celica (with rebuilt Twin Cam 2 litre), a 1975 Toyota Hiace Van and ute, and finally a 1961 VW Karmann Ghia - restored from a wreck.

I USED to collect KISS memorabilia (and I have some VERY rare items)

I still enjoy Fishing, I just returned from Rye where we caught quite a few fish. I was RIGHT into the game - custom made rods and $700 reels  :D
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
I will be returning to playing golf in the spring. Other leisure activity is traveling, to southern climate. Either to Texas where my brother is or Cuba or D.R.
Also I love going to Texas Pinball Festival, Allentown, & Pinball Expo.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »
I like having a punt and own a couple of harness racing horses.  I can't afford real horses.  (Gallopers)