Author Topic: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Of all the photos I have ever seen these are certainly the most recent.
 :D
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
more photos
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
more photos

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
1 more photo for now. will relook at others on SD Card.  Video's soon. with Audio !  ^^^

** (note - all the photos below were taken by me on Tuesday 31st January around 2pm, a few hours before the AMD mini meeting started with the permission of AMD).

OK. LETS TALK GAMEPLAY N SHOTS.

The AC/DC pinball machine has a very fast playfield with very open shots. Firstly you have 2 x decent ramp shots that are fast. There is a shot that hits a target for the chime/bell that is straight forward. The first thing u notice is the very fast loop shot that goes around the whole playfield from either left or right flipper, with super fast return to the flippers. Alot of Sega machines have these fast loops, as does Transformers. There are many solid stand up targets to hit, with amazing rebound speed.

One thing I noticed is the cannon shot which changes everytime the cannon loads. It also gives u a harder shot with the ROCK targets (same side as the cannon) to shoot which means you have to hit the opposing targets for a rebound shot, very neat. There is a middle drain lane from the top rollovers which leads the ball straight down between the flippers, and u can lose the ball very fast. U soon realise to bump the machine or you will get alot of centre drains straight down the middle.
   Also, because the slingshots are so fast, and powerful, u can get opposite side lane drains easily as well. This AC/DC game keeps u on your toes.
The ball bounces around at lightning speed. The choice and positioning of the fixed stand up targets is very smart here. It makes rebounds at lightning speeds that I havent seen on a machine before. Very quick.

To hit the various targets that are lit can be easy on some but much harder on the side targets because of the angles and speed of everything.
If u look up at the dot matrix, just for a second, u can come unstuck. The speed makes this game.  It really makes it fun. Between concentrating on the music, the really cool dot matrix and the lightning speed, there is plenty to keep u entertained. I am not a pinball shot expert for writeups, but the clean fast open playfield makes the machine as fun and fast as Angus's guitar playing. The speed matches the fast beat songs.

STERN HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB ON THE AC/DC PINBALL. THE PRO MODEL IS EXCELLENT. THE ART IS GOOD EVERYWHERE. THE COLOURS WORK EVERYWHERE.
THE MUSIC IS AMAZING. THE NEW RED DOT MARTIX BEING A LED VERSION IS EXCELLENT. THE AUDIO IS SUPERB.   MAN, WHAT A GREAT PINBALL.

NOW JUST GO AND BUY ONE. YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY. YOUR FRIENDS WILL NOT WANT TO STOP PLAYING IT. EVEN THE CRITICS WILL ASK FOR ANOTHER DRINK AND PLAY SOME MORE.

When i walked in and had a brand spanking new AC/DC game to play, in a empty quiet room, i was in heaven. Anyone who has the pleasure to unbox a brand new AC/DC Pinball, there is only one rule u must instantly adhere to > first step, TURN UP THE VOLUME BEFROE HITTING THE START BUTTON.  $#$ $#$ $#$

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:37:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »
thanks for the report, cant wait to play!  Bring on the LE's  #*#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »
yeh, I shld get a sales job selling pinny's.lol     but its hard not to get excited and I wanted to share the fellings/emotions/excitement the game brings. Just looking at it in the flesh is dam great i can tell ya. This title does it probably more than any other title probably has. definately for aussies anyway.

I will leave it for someone/somewhere on another pinny review site to do the serious perfectly word written report on the game without any emotion, cause thats not me, I just wanted to make it fun and a bit entertaining for anyone to read. plus i cant be serious about certain shots n all that stuff. I just know that when u hit the start button on this machine, u dont care where the ball goes cause it travels at lightning speed, and the music n light show is out of this world.  I mention the train AGAIN, cause cranked up, u have never heard a train noise so loud n long coming from a pinball machine I can tell ya. You want to look out the window cause you think u are at central train station it is so dam good. the hells bell noise is also t'riffic.

anyway, enough from me.  If u are near Sydney, or need an excuse to go to Sydney, go and play the AC/DC pin, because i think it is something special. I think people will fully understand my passion once they play the Pro. I can talk about it forever, but one play with the music cranked up, will say more than i have in 3 pages.

I will try n get the videos loaded first thing in the morning.guarranteed.  have fun .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:16:24 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »
Sooooooo........   When does yours arrive Cavey?   ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
Ac/dc has been sited in Newcastle at pizza n pinball, with a shaker, sub woofer, and mirror blades installed for thse nearby. Pizza n pinball holding a comp this Saturday including other games also. Can find them on Facebook.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »
GREAT WRITEUP Brett  @@* @@* Though i must admit to not following the threads on this pin's release very closely at all  !@) reading this thread, and your excitement almost makes me want an AC/DC pin!!  *%*

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
Thanks for the ‘enthusiastic’ write up Brett.
Always nice to feel the passion in someones writings.
Game sounds better than what I had been thinking.

Question – does it have ‘normal’ game sounds / any speech as well as the music running – this might sound like a strange question but in Youtube videos I had watched it sounded as though the game ONLY had ACDC music running throughout it and nothing else. Can you help to clarify that please
  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

Great write up Brett  ^^^

It is great to hear such a positive vibe on a Stern release. I'm pleased for the AC/DC fans, Stern and their distributors.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
Great write up.

Not a title I'm interested in, but excellent news for those who have ordered one and excellent news for Stern and the future of current pinball manufacturing

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Thanks for the great wrtieup Brett . Sure could feel your enthusiam while reading it .

I am starting to get a bit tempted. I should go and check it out.

Cheers
Dave   
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Thanks guys for the comments.

Wotto, the machine does have normal sounds when u hit various shots. The sounds however are music related, meaning the bell noise, the train noise, the crowd cheering noise, the guitar/drum noises and there is definately speech in there as well talking to u about shots n multiball plus various missions etc. Thats how I remember it.
 I also understand there may be some software choices, but I didnt play around with the menu although I could have. Was too busy putting the first games on the Pro and having fun.
  Overall, its just not music with the audio package. The game plays so fast that sometimes u dont even hear the music so to speak because u are so focused on where the ball is flying around at 100 miles an hour, which is great.  The game plays much better with the audio up. It gives u all that the programmers designed when u hear all the unique noises.

And to answer the other question, mine arrives in the first seafreight container with everyone elses at start/mid March. I know that AMD have kept 3 machines, and a lucky operator interstate may have recieved one by now, and the Pizza Pinball site at Newcastle recieved one. Thats the 5 that were airfreighted in at considerable expense. But AMD has the Pinball Release Party on and they wanted to rock the crowd by having no less than 3 machines for people to enjoy. I am assuming after the Pinball Launch Party, the 3 Pro models will stay at the AMD factory as demo models for interested people to play.  ^^^

Also, I believe the PRO and the LE versions are going to play very differently. I believe the Pro model will play faster, with the LE models playing about 25 percent slower due to the underground playfield and the added bits on the top playfield. If u play someones LE model, go and play the Pro model before u make a decision as to how a AC/DC pinball plays. Same if you play the Pro first, it will definately be a whole different game to play compared to the LE game. Personally, if you had 1 x each machine, they would be like having 2 x different games in your house.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:30:01 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
Luke  *specialwhenlit" on here (that I got the iron man from) was the sydney/newcastle operator who got one and put it into pizza and pinball in Newy.

I agree with the others, that you got the buzz going with your review - well done
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts