Author Topic: Surfers Timezone Swipe System  (Read 1621 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Surfers Timezone Swipe System
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03:04 AM »
Gavin,

puppies, just another really stupid irrelevant silly little comment. You just keep doing it. U dont get the message, u think people want to read your antagonistic posts, no they want to read Avengers, so yes to the flyers, and no to your rubbish.

I couldn't care less about Avengers, I love reading Gavs posts, thanks for keeping it real mate  ^^^

Must be a pretty boring game anyway if people can't even be bothered finishing their 3 balls and are happier throwing away money by leaving credits on the machine and just want to walk away from it

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

As for the 1200 games (edited to games/swipes) per day, a couple of things -

1. I've been in the Surfers Timezone several times over school holidays (most recently admittedly two years ago), and the three or four pins on offer each time were mostly idle until I get to them. Not to say there hasn't been a massive shift in pinball popularity and suddenly we are being inundated with new players (which would be great), but frankly it's hard to believe.

2. Editing of posts to change their meaning or intention is against forum rules. I appreciate that some people type quickly and then need to make minor changes for typographical errors, but while that is allowed, changing the meaning with an edit is not. If you make that sort of mistake in meaning, we expect you to clarify with a subsequent post, not go back and add words to change the meaning.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »
were mostly idle until I get to them

$%$ oh pinball wizard god

%.% kidding
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
Its a very valid point thats being made here... i dont have any DMD games in my collection, i just dont enjoy them that much.Very few actually grab me when i play them as i find them all to convaluted and complicated. I dont really want to be told that i have to get to this part of the pinball in order to progress to another level where ill more than likely have to do pretty much the same process over again.
LOL- when i played ACDC it took me a whole game before i realised i was meant to hit the centre FIRE button when the ball is in the cannon... when i did work it out, i didnt like having to take my hand off the flipper in order to do it... after 3 games, the machine had lost me.. and thats me.. a pinball collector who will give the machine several plays to see if i can grasp the machine or not.. i couldnt and i wasnt really interested in studying it to find out.
Now some kid in an arcade is going to insert a coin or swipe a card.. attempt to play one ball and by what weve been told... then walk away!.. why?? For all the reasons above i believe.
Personally, i like pretty simple games where i can knock the ball about... achieve multiball and then go for jackpot. Sometimes when im playing a DMD, i can see that jackpot is lit on the actual DMD but buggered if i can find where to go on the PF while ball is in play.

I know pinball progressed and as technology grew so did memory space etc and it allows for deeper and deeper games, but at the end of the day, the statistics from Pinfest show that the average game lasted only 3 minutes... so why are games structured to be played for much much longer?... thats a lot of features you are missing out on and if a kid doesnt get some kind of bang for his buck within the first game at least, then  they are hardly likely to return.

Maybe pinball is like music.... we had prog rock in the 70's that became so complicated and up its own arse that it got blown out of the water by punk rock and the back to basics 3 minute song. Technique was pushed aside by sheer energy.
Theres a lot to be said for a 1970's "just keep the ball alive and hit as much as you can" Williams machine... basic, fast and fun!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
Gavin,

puppies, just another really stupid irrelevant silly little comment. You just keep doing it. U dont get the message, u think people want to read your antagonistic posts, no they want to read Avengers, so yes to the flyers, and no to your rubbish.

An agenda, yeh right. The agenda is supposed to be fun and informative pinball posts, not the spanish inquisition cause u want to put me down on every post.  

Oh yes, and since u know everything, when u swipe the card, it erases any credits.  #*# thats why the place makes soo much money during the holidays cause credits from someone elses card dont continue over.

Do yaself and me a favour, stop the backstabbing since u obviously have a issue, and dont address me or my posts. Are u going to move on, or just keep the backstabbing going.

This is completely out of line. As I've said dozens of times, "play the ball, not the man". The "ball" is the claim that 800 - 1200 games can be played in 15 hours. Note that the thread has deviated due to this error.

This is another example of a thread that goes off the rails due to "sensational" comments. What needs to be understood, that it is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for 1200 plays on a modern pinball machines over the course of 15 hours. I've given the maths, and if someone wants to prove the maths wrong - then I'd like to see how it is wrong. There are youtube vids of Avenger onsite and you can judge for yourself.
Audit settings are based on COMPLETED games. In other words the words "Game Over" is displayed. It has NEVER counted "credits" or "Card Swipes" - these are games "to be played". I cannot see a kid waiting in the massively long line to play Avengers - and even if a child was 4th in line, he would only have to wait just over three minutes for all in front of him to finish their games. Then the kid swipes his card 10 times and then runs off ?? They are not 10 games. They are 10 credits - yet to be played. So the next 10 people in line HAVE to play those games for the audit data to count the games as "played games".

Even if you start a game on a modern stern and not flip a flipper - just let the ball drain 3 times - how long would that take ? Is this happening 800-1200 times a day ? Bottom line - It is impossible.

Lets say it IS possible, and as the claim suggested - it has played 800-1200 games for 6-8 weeks. Now if I was owner or operator, I would have sen this in the second week and done something about it. I would have put a SECOND Avengers on site - this was the norm during the days of arcades. That didn't happen.

There is a problem with that machine. That's the only logical explanation.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »
I've been to TZ Surfers many times. There's just no way any of there 3 or 4 pins get 800 to 1200 plays per day. That's rubbish.

800 to 1200 plays over 1 maybe 2 weeks during the school holidays sounds realistic. Most times when I go I'm the only one on them?

Wouldn't there be LOTS more new pinballs being sited on the coast if these numbers where true and correct!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »
Ok , here's my take on the Time Zone Surfer Paradise thing o.
Took my kids there today , transformers had 8 credits , x-men had 3 credit and increasing .
ACDC and Avengers had 1 credit each .
We played all the free credit.But they kept on coming .
Something is seriously wrong in that place , the attended walked past a few times and systematical turned off and on each pin to wipe the free credits .
So there my friends is the source of the 1200 swipe , their whole system is pretty much screwed right now .
Avengers is a tuff game , you have to be a sharp shooter for some of those shots .I only scratched the surface and need more time on it .
Played Tron , just can't get into that game for some reason . I still reckon X-men is a under rated game .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »
Took my kids there today , transformers had 8 credits , x-men had 3 credit and increasing .
Something is seriously wrong in that place , the attended walked past a few times and systematical turned off and on each pin to wipe the free credits .
So there my friends is the source of the 1200 swipe , their whole system is pretty much screwed right now .
Avengers is a tuff game , you have to be a sharp shooter for some of those shots .I only scratched the surface and need more time on it .
Played Tron , just can't get into that game for some reason . I still reckon X-men is a under rated game .

Thankyou Tony for mentioning that.
I read several other posts whilst i was away, and i stil know I'm correct. Thats all that matters to me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:26:24 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:29 AM »

Thankyou Tony for mentioning that.
I read several other posts whilst i was away, and i stil know I'm correct. Thats all that matters to me.

Errr...  !@#

A system that is malfunctioning, giving free credits and continually increasing free credits, then having the attendants turn off the machine to clear is a long way from the 1200 games a day (or swipes), paying off the machine in 3 days or what ever was quoted...

Everyone else was saying its impossible for 1200 games a day (or SWIPES) and Ant has confirmed this.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »
New swipes dont clear existing credits either... they add to the total. This too has been confirmed

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »
I played it again on Monday at timezone surfers.
Had the game to myself again, there were no other people playing any of the pins while I was there( aprox 2hrs).
Still not a big fan of this game and I won't be buying one but i did enjoy the versus mode, that was cool.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »

I stil know I'm correct. Thats all that matters to me.

::)
I need some of your drugs
Most of the things you stated we're proven wrong by Tonys insight to this matter  @.@
I suppose you still stand by your quote of timezone surfers paradise making 2 million dollars a year just from pinball too, get real mate, if they were making that much from them they would fill the room with avengers pins, as they apparently pay for themselves in 3 days  !!@

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »
Pinball will only survive with education. Until pinball is sold in Harvey norman or Bunnings etc, and the masses see it being marketed, the pinball onsite will soon be prehistoric, except if u own Timezone at Surfers Paradise IMO......

How does Pinball ever become popular again onsite. or is pinball onsite a prehistoric dinosaur replaced by home users only etc..... !@# !@#

I've been saying for years pinballs on site are dead it's a home use hobby now, that's why stern have it right why make a expensive strong cab with better decals when most will be in a caring home environment for most of there life even putting cliffys on is a waste of money when it'll be lucky to have 20 games a day played on it at home they will last for years. Sterns pricing is spot on 6k for a pro that plays fine and the odd LE with some bling. All jacks machines start at 8.5k what a waste if money unless I get a earthquake who gives a shit if the cab is made stronger it doesn't matter it's in my home.

P:S: I've been to timezone twice on the Gold Coast and both times it was hard to get a game on the pinballs during school holidays.

Peter :-)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »
For the few people who have made negative comments, it makes me yawn n laugh and its comical n doesnt worry me in the slightest.
It must be soooo easy for some to sit n hide behind a keyboard and call someone a wanker and suggest they take drugs which is just poor form as well as direspectful and offensive.
......Just the type of negative personal attacks that drive new and old people away from posting and being a part of this forum.
So the moment someone has an opinion which is black n white compared to someone elses, some people think the best thing to do is to make rude, disrespectful and offensive comments which is completely unneccessary... Yeh, thats the way to showcase the forum to the many hundreds who watch from outside, NOT.

To those who want to keep making the personal negative attacks after i post something you dont agree with, go ahead, but u are only polluting your own forum with negativity which drives away new n old members. Lets see if the polloution continues, or if people want to move on to the real reason for this thread, Avengers.

How about some discussion about Avengers pinballs on site, and whats the best way to change the modern pinny machines to get more new players instead of further negativity.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 01:34:53 PM »
You have been proven wrong on some of the things you have posted in this thread.  To state "I stil know I'm correct. Thats all that matters to me." is extremely arrogant.

People don't want a Stern fanboi repetedly making up storys thread after thread that are unfounded, and complaining when people have negative thoughts on a particular Stern game, that is what keeps people away from forums.