Author Topic: Old coin op opinions  (Read 1435 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Old coin op opinions
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:39 AM »
I see this is local to me, can someone let me know if they are any fun or mechanically interesting?  Any ideas on value?  Obviously needs a tidy up and assume any missing bits are going to be non existant

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Old coin op opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
I see this is local to me, can someone let me know if they are any fun or mechanically interesting?  Any ideas on value?  Obviously needs a tidy up and assume any missing bits are going to be non existant

I think you forgot to post the link mate

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
it is a patchino(?spelling) machine, they come from Japan
you mount it on a wall
 you win balls

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
 have a more modern version at my place - based on original star trek.

history is that after WW2, USA said no Japanese were allowed to gamble, so they made "games of skill". these were pachinko machines (like these) and pachillo machines (like poker machines but you press buttons to stop the reels). Both are still moslty just gambling machines, but veiled in use of "skill".

This one looks like it is in very poor repair. The aim is you flick the balls up to the top of the "playfield", the pins divert the ball, and try to get them in the target holes at the bottom. In my one, you then get "Video Mode", this one probably gives bells and lights. The novelty would wear off quickly, but if you want to complement a games room and have a do-up project, could be fun (especially if you get it for under $100).

this is a pic of mine. They come in a billion different varieties/themes