Author Topic: Payment to PBR  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Payment to PBR
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:43:18 AM »
Thanks all for your comments!  Wow, just back online now from when I first posted this, and there are a healthy number of responses and interesing comments.

Yes, agree that PBR isn't the easiest or most useful website - I think we all mostly agree on that.  But I must say, even though I have yet to place my first order with PBR, Steve Young has been very responsive.  Everytime I have sent an email query, same day response, no exception.  I will not necessarily expect this everytime from him, but so far he is very good in that respect.

Price - there is very little question in that PBR is distinctly ahead of most of the game here.  I have compared pricing with Marco, BAA, Pinball Life, Big Daddy, RTBB, PSPA, etc, etc.  Overhaul, PBR is the best price for what I am after (1970's decade of Ballys and Gottliebs).  I have also received my shipping quote from PBR for what will be a healthy ($600-ish) order, and am pleasantly surprised.  As Nino has said, Marco will charge totally unexplainable amounts for sending small amounts.  I have dealt with another small time seller in the U.S. on America ebay (Tim Nabours), and this guy is EXCELLENT with both product and particularly with shipping.  Again, a seller that reflects realistic shipping costs.  There is little doubt in my mind that some of these guys are picking up gains on the shipping costs.

PBR and Gottlieb .... it is apparent that PBR is more along the lines of Gottlieb, but most of my machines are Ballys, and PBR had everything I needed.

Buying process .... yup, the process with PBR is quite a few decades in the past.  But hey, I can live with that given the breadth of availability of stuff PBR has, their pricing, and their realistic shipping costs.  Of what I am ordering, there was only one thing that PBR did not have that I wanted - pretty good in my books.

Anyway, I probably digress .... I will probably give the IMT a miss, and just snail mail a IMO to them.