Author Topic: IPB parts buyout update.  (Read 594 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: IPB parts buyout update.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
Call me stupid @@^ but please explain how it is these parts have just sat in a factory un touched for 10 years?? I know it's probally a long story so brief is fine and also is it open to anyone to go and buy a container load or did they buy part of the bussiness.. !@#

Thanks/What's IPB stand for..

Peter

To answer on the short, IPB (Illinois Pinball Company) has had these parts in three main buildings.  The amount of parts and boxes outnumber the next largest WMS pinball parts company in the world 10 to 1.  They have had boxes on top of boxes on top of boxes and have never had the real space to uncover it all.  They have been operating off a portion of the stock and as they sold off some they would find the space to dig out more.  Meanwhile they have been making an enormous amount of parts over the years so they have been adding inventory to the NOS stock.  Now that we have purchased the bulk of the parts we have a 4th building that is 20,000 sq ft that is allowing us to finally   spread out the boxes and have the space to go through them.  That is why we are opening up hundreds of NOS boxes that have never been opened.

As for who is buying, we are mainly selling to distributors at this time but we have had a few individual customers stop by the past couple days.  We find it better for the pinball community to manufacture parts and get them to the distributors so the parts can reach the maximum number of hobbiest.  Let's face it, giving all the distributors good parts at a good price allowing them to give the community of pinball hobbiest good prices will benefit far more pinball machines than a manufacturer giving a 10% discount on one single website.

Cheers,
James

BTW Pete, Greg told me to tell you he's grabbed a set of Party Zone plastics for ya.

thanks again To James to giving PSP the chance to  be part of this , we already have one container coming are going back next week to load more. Not sure what we are getting But I can confirm we will fill them to the roof and put as much in them as we can.

PSP  wil start a AP special pre order tonight .....     

Offline Little shop of games

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »
Well, I can not think of a better person for these parts to be sold to.  We as distributors will make sure all the parts are available to the collectors as soon as possible.  James is a very good business man, as well as a good person in general. The greatest thing is that the Capcom parts will finally hit the streets. I may pick up a truck load of parts the end of June if there is anything left.

Curly   
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:33:16 PM by Little shop of games »

Offline PeterW

• Forum Posts:
  • Sutherland Shire
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
My turn to ask a stupid question...  *!@

Who is James and is he (i.e. his company) here in Australia?

It all sounds great but I'm just trying to work out who is who! I know of Greg (RTBB) and MarkC and Bumper, not to mention Mr PinBrawl.  &&

Gottlieb Fastdraw - Stern Magic

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
No James in the USA

This is his site

http://www.pinballinc.com

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 02:13:25 AM »
Well, I can not think of a better person for these parts to be sold to.  We as distributors will make sure all the parts are available to the collectors as soon as possible.  James is a very good business man, as well as a good person in general. The greatest thing is that the Capcom parts will finally hit the streets. I may pick up a truck load of parts the end of June if there is anything left.

Curly   

Yeah, the best thing is that all of these stockpiled parts are making it out into the public rather than just sitting there doing nothing.

A real boost for the industry! More parts = more chances to fix up pinballs and keep them alive.