Author Topic: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...  (Read 11164 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...
« on: May 26, 2016, 10:27:18 AM »
Yep I know your pain Nino I'm so over Pintards i just stopped answering my phone to new numbers in fear of getting stuck with another wanker and my regulars are only getting 1 chance piss me off and I stop answering them aswell.

I don't know how your managing to do both mate I really dont

When you approach each day with a positive attitude, and the work you do is something you love, then the only issue is the number of hours in the day. There's never enough. I answer every call to my mobile or land line, but I don't usually reply to SMS as I'd rather speak to a person than text. I have had setbacks and delays, but I'm crawling back to normality. I used to think that Pinheads were generally "impatient", but I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather deal with impatient pinheads than newbies that want you to drop everything NOW and do what they want. I think the same a Greg did - They are not customers, just "friends with a pinball machine". I try to help anyone that needs help, but these days, it is so easy to hide behind a keyboard, lie about an experience and post it for current and future customers to read.

I remember when Ted from WA visited and we spent a half day together at my place. I had a customer turn up with a light PCB that I soldered for him on the spot. Another customer needed flipper kit advise (newbie that has embraced the hobby), and a number of calls that I attended to. I don't ask for anything "back" - I just want people to leave with a positive experience.

Can't avoid nut jobs but that is so frustrating for you.

You are so busy and yet you still take the time to help out a so called "newbie" which is 5 stars in anyones book.

Nino, hard to forget the incident but know that anyone that is "normal" absolutely loves your work, your client service, your huge work ethic and your drive and enthusiasm.

Don't let it get to you or get you down. A crazy story though and good read.

Ta
Milo

I appreciate your kind words mate. 99% of pinheads appreciate what APR / RTBB does for the hobby.

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia