Author Topic: Pinball sales in general, what about mine AFM  (Read 1905 times)

Offline bossgp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Pinball sales in general, what about mine AFM
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »
Too right ! ^.^ I had medical stuff to do today but cancelled my appointment then waited all day for them, I am sick and tired of bloody tyre kickers
dreamers,mouths with no money,and people scared of their wife,
please people don't say something if your not going to do it, if your wife says she's gunna leave if you buy another pin, sweet you can buy another one and put it in the bedroom after she's gone. !*!
For f.....ks sake, and people who are too tight to pay a few extra dollars for a top of the line pinball machine ? enough ....my blood is boiling ...??*& $#@   ahhh I'm buying a carton on the way home .

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
Hahahahaah - not everyone has a wife who is as understanding as yours Andrew....or anywhere near as good a cook..........don't tell my wife I said that  %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
Here is my view,
If you are preferring to sell this game to a AP member, you have gone about it the wrong way
The original for sale thread got derailed by the fact that the machine was not working 100%, but you still wanted top dollar
You are now having issues with the timing, xmas etc
Rather than pull the machine and re-list in a moth or two, you are complaining about buyers letting you down

AP is a small forum (but good things come in small packages) with few members
It seems that many AP members come from Vic or SA, queenslanders seem to use AA

Most collectors are twitchy, too much rah rah and they disappear

I would suggest you store the game and relist it in the new year

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
Pete's correct in saying that AP members are mi-nute. Post your sale through AA and lower your reserve.

SC.
SC.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »
Pete's correct in saying that AP members are mi-nute. Post your sale through AA and lower your reserve.

SC.

Have no idea what you are on about... !@#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »

SC.

Where in Pete's post does the word "mi-nute" appear ?

So your solution is for the seller to advertise the machine on another forum AND lower the price ?

The game has been on sale on AP and eBay - but will "magically" be sold on another forum  !@)
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »
We all view both websites. AA has approx 3 times the members online compared to AP.
See how you go Andrew.

SC.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »
We all view both websites. AA has approx 3 times the members online compared to AP.
See how you go Andrew.

Well I would argue that we have more pinball people online, seeing as we are 100% devoted to pinball unlike other forums.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »

SC.

Nothing wrong with the reserve price

I would simply take a breath and try again in the new year (February)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 03:17:34 AM »
I honestly believe the price is far too high. If it wasnt too high, it would have sold many months ago.
Respectfully, the people who are saying it is worth 6500 arent pulling the cash out of their pockets are they ? Maybe if they won the lotto.

When I am selling a machine, It doesnt matter what I think it is worth, its what the public thinks its worth. The only true way to gauge what the market thinks it is worth, is to auction it. Its no good sticking to a price and not meeting the market. The $7800 price was 2 grand too dear all day long so bringing down to 6500 hasnt really done much cause it was never going to sell for $7800. I honestly think the 6500 is a grand over the market. AFM was worth that 2 years ago, but not today. I know of a very fastidious collector in Adelaide who bought a minter for only $4500 less than 6 months ago. AFM is like alot of pins, u either love it or hate it. Most like it, but 6500 gets u into Twilight Zones for 2 grand less, Circus Voltaires for that coin, and many other high end pins for less money. The market is flooded, the money has dropped. We all hate to admit it, our collections have lost some value, for now anyway, it may change.

Given that its been/is on ebay, and many many many thousands of people have seen it and not purchased it shows the price is too high. EVERYTHING sells if the price is low enough. Just look at how flooded the market is. I mean there are thousands and thousands of machines for sale. I know of 3 x QLD sellers sitting on over 100 machines each, with more containers coming. Alot of sellers cant give them away, and i am talking excellent titles in excellent condition. Just ask any seller right now. ITS SLOW.
I know there are at least 3 different Melbourne sellers sitting on over 250 machines each and 1 seller sitting on over 400 machines with many many more coming.

AND what about the sellers we all dont know about who have a container each coming in.
FLOODED   FLOODED   FLOODED.  I am talking FLOODED like someone shld be building a dozen Noah's Arks.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 sitting in a bush. DROP THE PRICE, STICK IT ON A EBAY AUCTION AND SELL IT. AUCTION AUCTION AUCTION. SELL SELL SELL.
* I want u to sell it, we all do.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »
I have had the chance to sell this at $6000 more then 10 times over in the last two weeks point is I believe it to be worth more then that. I had higher offers from the dreamers that is the only reason why I did not accept one of the $6k offers before.
would you give the same advise to someone trying to sell MM or MB or Cactus canyon ? drop the price
In your eyes does that mean those pinball machines are only worth half the price the buyers bought them for ???
Where can you buy a nice AFM for less then the price i am selling mine for right now ? show me, tell me, are they jumping out on Ebay like all the cheaper pinball machines ? are they being offered for sale on this or other forums ?
NO ! sure you could have 2 or 3 other pinball machines for the same price as I want for this, or you could have one nice pinball machine like this one.
Other machines like Twilite zone's price have fallen because they are being imported here, same goes for other titles, my point in all of this is Nobody is importing AFM because you almost never see them for sale anywhere, and if they are, they are snapped up straight away so you hardly never see them in the market.
Time to ring around and contact the $6k and so buyers and sell this baby once and for all.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 08:27:13 AM »
You have had the game for sale for 4+ months
What does that tell you?

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 09:01:24 AM »
It tells me I'm pretty fixed on my price  #@#

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »
Lots of interesting opinions. I'm leaning toward the "wrong time of year" theory. Afm varies in price quite widely, and I've seen 4.5k examples I wouldn't buy given the dollars needed to make them nice, and nice 7.5k ones sell to the right buyers at the right time. But the market overall is looking softer, so it really is a guessing game. Just auctioning it on a low start would be a mistake as it would certainly sell, but reflective of the market conditions at that time. Common sense says wait until things normalize after the holiday season at least to get a better reflection of the market.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »
See how you go Andrew.

Using that logic, then the game should be sold ? www.Pinball.com has SIX times the membership than AP, and it too, will not guarantee a sale.

Well I would argue that we have more pinball people online, seeing as we are 100% devoted to pinball unlike other forums.

Exactly !

Market value is not always an indication of a machine's value. There are MANY examples - even on eBay. Anyone recall Wotto's Black Knight ? Market value was around the $2300 mark, but his went for $4000+. Why ? Because it was RESTORED to a high standard. I NEVER sell my machines at "Market Value" as I don't use it as a selling tool., and Market value is almost always an eBay price. Look at DE Star Wars - Dealers list them at $4500 - is that Market Value ? Do people PAY that amount ? will they pay $5500 for a reconditioned GTB Surfer ? Will they pay for the "legendary" $10,000 KISS ??

Market Value is the price a buyer was willing to pay at that particular point in time. It is not the true value of the game. Market Value is the price of the machine in working condition. Not collector quality. I could place my CV on eBay and get $5000 if I listed it at the right time (not now). Privately, I've had offers of $6500+ as a restored machine. Thats a huge difference. So should I sell it at the price the public thinks it is worth, or what "I" think (and know) it is worth ?

AFM is a rare machine to find in collector's condition. The market is flooded with C Grade and some B grade titles. I have not seen an AFM or CV in THIS condition for quite some time. Going by some of the A grade titles' condition arriving in the country of late, the chances of sourcing a collector's quality AFM are very low.

I agree with Pete. The machine will sell for $6500 if listed at the end of February. Wrong time to be selling in a buyer's market during the holiday season. Wait until people get back to work !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia