Author Topic: Williams early 80s Australian coin entry plates  (Read 3396 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: Williams early 80s Australian coin entry plates
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »
I think there will be a huge market for these
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
I should have a plate and chute modelled and print tested up by the end of the week, thanks to Nino for sending a sample of each but I think as 25 cent items.

Question: would the 20 cent coin plate be the same dimensionally as the 25mm but with the chute tailored to suit a 20 cent piece with say a 1mm gap either side as well as top and bottom.

Or are the 20 cents and 25 cent parts all no longer available parts?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
Hi Swinks, firstly we need to distinguish between Willliams parts and Bally parts. The parts which Freiherr posted a picture of are Williams parts.

Question: would the 20 cent coin plate be the same dimensionally as the 25mm but with the chute tailored to suit a 20 cent piece with say a 1mm gap either side as well as top and bottom.

Yes, I believe the metal plate is exactly the same for Australian 20c coins and US quarters. The only difference is the size of the coin slot which is slightly larger.

The white plastic chute is also exactly the same.

The window is also the same except for the text (see Freiherr's Photo for the Aussie version and my initial photo for the US version)

I believe all these parts are desperately needed. I think it would also be useful to have versions of the plate and the windows to suit Australian 50c and $1 coins, I'm not sure if these were ever made (can anyone confirm?) but they would be good to have anyway. If you were going to do these you would just have to change the size of the slots to fit $1 and 50c pieces and change the text on the windows.

Now, we also need the same done for the Bally parts which are not the same as the Williams ones. I'm not sure if anyone has sent you any Bally parts, but the Bally coin door doesn't use the plastic chute, it has a metal one which is part of the coin door itself so no need to reproduce this.

Or are the 20 cents and 25 cent parts all no longer available parts?

None of the parts suiting Aussie coins are available to buy.

Let us know what you have so far and we will put the call out for what you need. I think to do the job properly you need to have an Australian sample of both the Williams and Bally plates and windows, the chute can be a US version because it is the same.

Do you have the equipment to produce the text on the windows or do we have to find someone else to look after this aspect of the project?

Here's a couple of quick pics of the Williams and Bally coin doors so you can see the differences:

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »
ok what I got from Nino is different as the coin entry is on the right side of the plate.

so maybe if someone can send a few samples and then we can create Aus versions for 20, 50 and 1 dollar plates and chutes etc

for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
so maybe if someone can send a few samples and then we can create Aus versions for 20, 50 and 1 dollar plates and chutes etc

OK, everyone, you heard the man!

We need Australian examples of both the metal plates (which have the coin slots) and the windows (which show the price) for both Williams and Bally games (see above for what we are talking about). These are on a heap of games from the late 70s/early 80s so there should be a lot of them out there. We are asking you to lend these to Swinks so that he can draw up the design for the reproductions (they will be returned to you). Then we will all be able to start feeding our games 20c coins like back in the milk bars of yore. Everyone will benefit!

P.S. Has anyone ever seen 50c or even $1 versions of these, did pinball machines accept these denominations back in the day??? ( I expect that they were not produced for the $1 coin as it didn't come in until 1984, right?)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »
 $#$  $#$ fantastic that your doing these Jady. I think I have some of the Bally SS plates in a box somewhere. I'll have a look for them in the morning if you don't have these already.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:56 PM »
CPR produced some of the US denominations and I have a heap of these and some custom standard plastic windows.

I will have NOS Bally windows, and used Bally Windows. I will have used Williams in Aussie Denominations.

I also have the metal plates for 20c pieces. To the best of my knowledge, there will not be 50c or $1 plastic plates as the last of this type of coin door predates the $1 coin. I don't remember any 50 cent coin acceptors except the ones my Father custom made for Billiard and soccar table coin acceptors.

Whatever I can find, I'll send up.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
here is a PBR's range though many out of stock but a good visual reference

http://www.pbresource.com/CoinDoor.html

and what ever is sent to me will be returned.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
I found a nice 20c window. Not 100% sure but this one may not be original?  !@#  *)*

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:34 PM »
I found a nice 20c window. Not 100% sure but this one may not be original?  !@#  *)*

i think I found some $1 ones from the same maker  %.%  @@*
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
OK, resurrecting this thread.

Going to make my own coin entry windows using PETG and water slide paper

Can anyone post a picture of a Bally window for Australian 20c or $1?

Thanks.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »
OK here's my first effort. I made a Williams 20c coin window. First I drew the artwork using Paint.net (free software similar to Photoshop). Then I printed the design onto clear waterslide decal paper in reverse. I also printed an outline of the design onto white waterslide paper. Cut them both out and applied them to a blank window (available from Marco Specialties). Lastly, I sprayed a coat of acrylic clear on the back to seal. As you can see it came out pretty well. It could perhaps be a little darker, not sure if I will get around to doing it again. I also have the artwork for the Bally windows. I have found a source for the blank Bally windows in the US (Tyler-Olson@live.com) and am waiting for them to arrive.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:18:59 PM by solar value »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 09:17:58 PM »
great work  ^^^ they look the real deal

for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
Great work there SV.

If you have any extras I would love to buy two off you to finish off Gregs BK.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 10:46:29 PM »
Excellent work, they look great.  ^^^