Author Topic: wanted to buy : KISS pinball  (Read 544 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
wanted to buy : KISS pinball
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
Hi guys
If any one has a Bally Kiss for sale please let me know. Its for my cousin
thanks
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: wanted to buy : KISS pinball
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »
German or USA model Andrew?

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:28:05 PM »
USA Marty
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
how much ya going to spend ?

the money must be flooding in.lol
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
I have told them how much they go for + they were going to buy one but the deal fell through.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »
USA Marty

Ahh OK.

There is a guy in Williamstown, VIC (Bill) who has 2 or 3 KISS machines.  From memory they were going at a realistic price but are the Euro model..

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »

German machines are not really collectable amongst KISS fans, but they are a cheaper option.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »

German machines are not really collectable amongst KISS fans, but they are a cheaper option.
true Strangeways. the only difference I can see is the word 'KISS' is in a different font. what are the other differences?
The person that wants to buy it has no other pins & is a kiss fan.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »

true Strangeways. the only difference I can see is the word 'KISS' is in a different font. what are the other differences?
The person that wants to buy it has no other pins & is a kiss fan.

Beaky - The USE version has a different backglass and playfield. The "SS" is the traditional lightning bolts. The German version had "SS" on the backglass and around the pops and on the inserts on the playfield. From a technical point, the backglass light panel is slightly different to accomodate the differences in the lit"SS" areas.

The was a conversion backglass produced that would convert the German game to the USA game. The reds were more pronounced, and the "SS" was changed to the lightning bolts.

It is more of a personal choice, but with my "KISS fan" hat on, I would not want a German version. Some sellers claim they are "rarer" and "collectible". From a KISS fan's perpective, they are not. Same deal as a pinball collector - not rare and not collectible.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »
thanks for all the info.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »
U can buy a really good KISS on USA Ebay for peanuts. Worth nothing in the USA.

Prices in Australia are unrealistic and silly. I think it would be a mistake not buying from USA.

KISS machines from Euro sellers are usually flogged out and thats what most sellers in Aust have been trying to palm off for crazy money.

Go the USA machines from USA directly, or pay silly money for a flogged out hack. Its a hard decision.not   lol   ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »

Prices in Australia are unrealistic and silly. I think it would be a mistake not buying from USA.

KISS machines from Euro sellers are usually flogged out and thats what most sellers in Aust have been trying to palm off for crazy money.

Go the USA machines from USA directly, or pay silly money for a flogged out hack. Its a hard decision.not   lol   ^^^

I've been looking at the US market very closely for the past few months for a KISS for a customer.

You would be looking at min $1500 to $2500 for a 'flogged one' ie playfield wear, damaged cab, damaged backglass etc..  Most of the decent ones go for around $2800 to $4000 tops.  Agree its not the silly prices they go for here, but you would still be looking around $1500+ on top of that landed.  The trouble with the USA is getting the machine then shipped to a port (or airport) which will add an additional $200 to $300 on top.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »

I've been looking at the US market very closely for the past few months for a KISS for a customer.

You would be looking at min $1500 to $2500 for a 'flogged one' ie playfield wear, damaged cab, damaged backglass etc..  Most of the decent ones go for around $2800 to $4000 tops.  Agree its not the silly prices they go for here, but you would still be looking around $1500+ on top of that landed.  The trouble with the USA is getting the machine then shipped to a port (or airport) which will add an additional $200 to $300 on top.

+1

Flogged machines are cheaper, but will end up costing a fair bit once the playfield etc have been replaced. German machines are cheap, but not desireable. In all cases, factor in the shipping costs and risks involved and it would be slightly cheaper, but not by a huge difference. Also, keep in mind that from my point of view, the KISS machines on eBay these days claimed to be "restored" are only worth around $7k tops.

Using eBay as a measuring stick to value pins is asking for trouble !

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

[/quote]

Using eBay as a measuring stick to value pins is asking for trouble !

[/quote]
thats true strangeways, but when you see a pin that you own sell for a high price i am sure it puts a smile on most people's face. &&
but when you see them go at a fraction of the price you have paid it's a different story.  ^&^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
3 or 4 months back, there were a good 12 to 18 different KISS machines on EBAY, and they were between $1000 to $2200 US dollars, and the majority were not flogged out, if anything, they appeared to be requiring little work, except perhaps a clean and little else.

Perhaps 3 or 4 months has passed and maybe prices, or the batch of current KISS machines may have changed.

I agree, it would cost you an additional $1000 to have the machine picked up, palleted and sea freighted to Australia. Perhaps a further $200 to $300 in landing/custom/taxes/fees etc to get it from the seafreight terminal etc.

However, Overall, the maths still tells me it would still be a few grand cheaper with the Aussie dollar being so good than paying the high prices people want in Australia, when u add up what a nice machine from the USA would be.

QUESTION - whats the cheapest price a KISS machine in Australia has been offered for in nice original condition.
Big bucks !