Author Topic: Introducing Infinity Amusements  (Read 14044 times)

Offline soundasleep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Introducing Infinity Amusements
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
I agree with spacies it seems a little odd to raise $7k to launch off, why not just start selling direct now, is Indiegogo like Kickstarter when no money is taken unless the project is successful in raising the $7k.

Basically the situation goes like this:

We need the $7k in order to build a "to specification" prototype of both the Mini and the Omega so we can iron out last minute bugs before we start building them for customers. Mark has already thrown so much money at his cab his wife won't let him throw anymore in, and personally I'm in the "hand-to-month" situation - thus the lack of funds to start up.

By using IndieGoGo to take pre-orders we ensure we have a market first. Then we build, take second deposits, build the customers unit, and final sale. TechEd will hopefully have given us the exposure to get our first few customers and off we go.

Having said all of that it looks like we should have a silent backer on board so that we can begin prototyping this week and we meet up with ArcadeWorX on Monday to finalize the cabinet design.

I wrote to pinball arcade a few weeks ago and there soon will be a update for all tables to be adjusted for cabinet view I think when the PS4 is released.

I certainly hope so, but since the software itself isn't out of Beta yet I'm not holding my breathe ;)

Is the cabinet a standard width?
Will you be doing all cabinets in MDF?
Will you be offering Timeshock cabinet decals / translite?

1. The cabinets are pretty much standard WMS size. They are a little bit shorter.
2. Cabinets will be black laminated MDF so you can easily apply and change vinyls. We looked at ply but couldn't find material we where happy with the quality of.
3. Decals - almost certainly, trying to organise now. Translite - Pro Pinball supports all 3 screens, so that's covered.

We've toyed with the idea of an "Ultimate" model using a genuine original pinnie cab that's been hand restored but given the man hours involved we've probably have to charge $2k-$3k more and I tend to think that prices it out of the market.