Author Topic: A BUMP in the road  (Read 20621 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: A BUMP in the road
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
My weekly bitch..... well not really but was told something interesting today. Statically if you're 55+ and lose your job, it will take you on average 72 weeks to find a job. F@#k by that time you're ready for retirement  %.%

Now I know why people say things about lack of experience in the workforce or poor customer service, employees not being dependable or employees changing jobs like the weather etc etc ........ well maybe if companies get their heads out of their arses and start employing a 55yo that may solve a lot of problems. I know most biz think the most they'll get out of a 55yo is 10 years well show me a young guy making long service  ^.^

Btw I'm not 55 yet and kind of working casually towards a career change (kinda like work experience as a kid  %.%) but I thought I'd share this interesting fact.

Vent over  ^^^

Agree 100% . I'm less than 4 years away from 55, and as one of my workmates says , the sword of Damacles (spelling??) is hanging over our heads again right now . Sure hope I don't join the ever growing list of those being retrenched but I think it is just a matter of time  !@# !@#
I need more room ! and more $$$