Author Topic: judge dredd dead world mod  (Read 8636 times)

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
judge dredd dead world mod
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »
hey all,, just wondering if any jd pin owners have this mod as well??
my jd came like this,but was'nt working,well being a nice day i finally got out to the garage to have a play,
i found opto switch 67 not going, got opto to work (abit of a tweek) played a game and now the ball lock's in the ring  $#$
wow,what a different game to play, had 30+ games with no probs, rom rev was L1at, had "free only" (home rom?)
any hoow, well worth doing if you own a jd

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: judge dredd dead world mod
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
yep i do
works a treat

every jd needs it

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »
???? !@# my JD the dead world disk just spins around and the ball doesn't lock in there?? does this mean I don't have the mod?? sorry for the dumb question &^&

Cheers

v8racefan
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »
???? !@# my JD the dead world disk just spins around and the ball doesn't lock in there?? does this mean I don't have the mod?? sorry for the dumb question &^&

Cheers

v8racefan

The original version had the disc with slots in it that go to the edge of the disc which the balls fell out of easily ... The mod ( as pictured above ) has holes cut in the disc instead of slots which holds the balls in there like it should .

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:40 PM »

Cheers

v8racefan
no mate yours is how they were shipped,from what i have googled,the rom has'nt been out that long,this must be a later version as the others required modding the right opto board for switch numbers opto 67 is turned into 32 for older software..(something like that)

the only way the ball's can get out is with the crane now
so now when you lock a ball or 2 they stay there spinning around until 3rd ball enters the dead world,then the crane starts picking them up while 1 ball is shot out the shooting lane 4 ball  (6 in super game)
slows down multi ball start, as this machine can get 6 balls onto the playfield fast!but i love that too! *)*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »
Nug and I added this to his JD when it was bought by a mate of mine. You can get the complete kit from Pinbits (great people to deal with)

http://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=8
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Wolfy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
Yeh, I have had the mod for about three years now. I think the replacement game rom is only free play.
Can play havoc with your machine's ability to count from 1 to 6 if your optos are not aligned 100% or if the crane is not working properly.
Once working, it makes a lot of difference to the game. This is a must - have if you own a JD!
Wolfy

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
Latest MOD thorugh Pinbits only requires the locking ring and the ROM be exchanged.  No longer any need for any other hardware changes, everything is done in the ROM.  All in all, a pretty easy and very effective mod.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »
Latest MOD thorugh Pinbits only requires the locking ring and the ROM be exchanged.  No longer any need for any other hardware changes, everything is done in the ROM.  All in all, a pretty easy and very effective mod.

That's right - that's the link I posted.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »
Cool sounds like the pinbits mod is the way to go... it will make for a great fathers day present. *%*
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »
V8racefan,If you want the mod kit i have one in fluro orange with the new roms unused it yours if you want it ,just pay the postage costs.Give me a call on 0401622506 if your interested.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
cool  $#$

yep I'll take it I'll send you a pm

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:03:27 PM »
pm sent, thanks punter #*#

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:21:25 PM »
V8racefan,If you want the mod kit i have one in fluro orange with the new roms unused it yours if you want it ,just pay the postage costs.Give me a call on 0401622506 if your interested.

Nice gesture Tony. Well done mate!  ^^^

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 05:58:27 AM »
top stuff punter  @@*