Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28541 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #435 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »
2nd hand LE's are up for sale already thanks to Stern deciding to bend the pinball community over again with a late Prem announcement after LE games were sold out.

Where?? How much?? There's a NIB on AA!!!

Starting to happen o/s, the trend will continue here.
They always do.
 #@#

Ok I though you meant local.

Won't be long before that happens.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #436 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:15 AM »
2nd hand LE's are up for sale already thanks to Stern deciding to bend the pinball community over again with a late Prem announcement after LE games were sold out.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that a Premium in any model may eventuate. No one made any buyer jump in instantly.
There are people who do wait three or four months to see the bigger picture !

It's not like TWD wasn't going to be for sale for only a short time.
Sometimes being a little patient pays off. The Premium models always come after the LE,s have sold out. Didn't hurt to wait a little.  I have played the Pro and the LE. Both are excellent.
The Playfield differences are minimal. Whatever model u get, people should be bloody excited cause all art packages look great. The red on the Pro looks awesome and really matches the translite etc.
Premium is nice, but Pro so far is my pick of the bunch for value and looks with this title. Red n blood colours n zombies all go together. Pro suits the theme the best up close and personal.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:38:45 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »
Stern did mislead some potential buyers into thinking there would be no Premium, so these buyers ended up forking out the extra $ for a LE. So according to Stern, waiting for a Premium would be a missed opportunity. Do to the theme and the fact the game looks / plays well, some pinheads didn't risk not being able to purchase the game. Now we hear the rumour that the game is supplied with a mirrored backglass, and it turns out to be a translite ?

Whilst the boutique manufacturers hare tripping over themselves, buyer confidence should be turning back to Stern, but they still don't play a fair game. It is indeed a "full moon" in the "new" pinball industry at the moment !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #438 on: December 17, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
Stern pros suit operators best imo as they are the cheapest game to site.
As a home game Stern pros just don't cut it for mine, especially at $7100...crazy.
Much better just have a cheaper pro game for operators and a premium for collectors.
Forget all this LE mumbo jumbo.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:28:41 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
Totally disagree that a Stern Pro is not suited for a home collection or isn't good enough.
The Pro machine is designed to be more random, faster ball times and a harder game to play making it a more challenging game which all adds up to value for your buck and great entertainment value.
Just look at TWDead Pro, Mustang Pro, Star Trek Pro, ACDC Pro, X Men Pro to name a few. All excellent models that stand well above hundreds of other previous DMD titles from every manufacturer. I am familiar with most DMD machines and have tried to play the majority.

I reckon I am experienced enough to rate DMD machines close to a reasonable call cause I have owned over fifty different DMD models and have a good knowledge of all 1990,s machines forwards incl owning both Pin2000 models.

The current Pro models at $7100 are still exceptional value for money.
I have played every single Stern model in the last five years incl all the Premium and LE models.

The Recent and current Stern Pro model beats most 1990 model DMDs. The current Sterns are that good.
People should play the various Stern machines and make their own minds up. I am of the belief most would walk away very impressed.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
Took delivery of an LE this afternoon.

Can't do much with it as Stern have released a kit that needs to be installed prior to setup and playing.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:26 PM »
I reckon I am experienced enough to know that Stern pros are over priced cut down versions of a full game.
$7100 for a nib is far from exceptional value no matter which way you want to spin it.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
5/7/9 = Pro/Prem/LE.

Stern are just shortchanging their customers and the few people in the general public who still play pinball onsite by targeting them with a cutback version.

LE's will always sell out over time given the way their distribution channel is structured. Stern would have had the Premium design locked down and ready to go from the beginning.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2014, 01:27:35 AM »
I reckon I am experienced enough to know that Stern pros are over priced cut down versions of a full game.
$7100 for a nib is far from exceptional value no matter which way you want to spin it.

Negative shite to me ! But u think what u want.
It's sad u bag everything.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2014, 01:40:30 AM »
A Current Pro model is far from a cut down version.
I think that is comical, I really do.
Short cutting, targeting etc etc. The good people at Stern would be laughing in disbelief respectfully and wetting their pants laughing so hard.

I have had a few people email me and have said they aren't going to publically do the brand new in box opening cause they were not wanting to have their special day ruined by negative comments from negative people.
That made me feel pity for people who constantly Stern bash.
It gets old. It made me feel for the people who are happy to be supporting the only company to really keep this industry alive with brand new pinnys this last ten or more years. So many people who look down their nose who couldn't build a paper plane let alone a modern and great new pinny.
Personally, if u like the new models do a post, but if you are saying negative stuff, understand that you come accross as a party spoiler for those who have purchased new Sterns and those people are proud of their purchases.
But Ofcourse what would I know, I only see positive when I wake up each day. I will be negative when I am dead.
Maybe the people in hell might like to hear the negative stuff all day. Lol
I will let u know after I arrive. Lol

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:47:34 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:57 AM »
A Current Pro model is far from a cut down version.
I think that is comical, I really do.
Short cutting, targeting etc etc. The good people at Stern would be laughing in disbelief respectfully and wetting their pants laughing so hard

Doesn't matter .... general perception of the 3 model system IS that a PRO is a scaled back LE or Premium. Its the "basic" model and then you have the models with extras.
So some models have and some don't.. no 2 ways about it.

Why is it that any discussion regarding Stern has a negative tag to it just because people express that they don't think Stern have everything absolutely correct with game play... cost.. models.. marketing... build quality etc? Those that only see positive suddenly only see negative when this company is mentioned.
What is it about owning a later model Stern that turns you into a touchy feely  big girls blouse?

... Another reason not to own one... they make you soft.

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
Well I'm definitely going to do a review of the brand new in box TWD LE- and I'm looking forward to doing this. It is a shame that I can't play the game as the mandatory kit needs to be installed, and we are currently waiting for Stern to send them via their distributors.

Dealers were told that Pros are marketed and priced for operators - but the home market responded well to the price in the past. Speaking to an operator this week, Stern's price on Pro's are no longer value for money. I'm sure Stern will give a positive spin on this, but operators in Melbourne have spoken with their wallets. I'm not sure if this is also related to the change of Distributors in Melbourne ?

I'm looking forward to the unboxing and I'll review the game as I'm a fan of the series and the game looks awesome !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2014, 11:52:15 AM »

Negative shite to me ! But u think what u want.
It's sad u bag everything.

I don't bag everything just Sterns shitty business model.
It's sad you only have blinkers on for Stern pros but you know the old saying about a fool and his money being easily parted......you must enjoy playing the fool.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #448 on: December 18, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »

I don't bag everything just Sterns shitty business model.
It's sad you only have blinkers on for Stern pros but you know the old saying about a fool and his money being easily parted......you must enjoy playing the fool.

You are welcome to your opinion on Stern's business model. Plenty agree, some don't.

You are however *not* welcome to voice such an opinion on another member in that manner. Kindly refrain from any further personal attacks. I suggest you read the forum rules before posting again.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #449 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
What is comical is that people feel the necessity of having to "defend" EVERY (and I mean every) perceived slight against a company they have no personal stake in. It really is bizarre.  !@#

The mark of a truly representative forum is one that encompasses ALL views, not just the views that must conform to what a minority wants because it keeps their ego inflated. That isn't a democracy, that is an oligarchical autocracy (and we already have a forum in place that follows these principles fastidiously). At the risk of sounding presumptuous, THIS forum was founded on the principles that reinforce a democratic ideology, not some platform with which people can continually trumpet their own favouritism towards a company and pillory/denigrate those who don't agree with their position (paper planes, I mean really?)

Personally I would like to see less NEGATIVE commentary on our forum containing simplistic stereotyping about our judicial/legal system and misogynistic statements about alleged spousal indiscretions, but given my above views that would be hypocritical now, wouldn't it?