Author Topic: Remakes of Classics - Would you buy one ?  (Read 20990 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Remakes of Classics - Would you buy one ?
« on: May 04, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »

So how many of you that have Fathom on their list have ordered a Haggis? And how many of those are the modernised Mermaid edition?

Not at that price
I cannot believe the prices for new games today
I doubly cannot believe the prices on older game either
I tripply cannot believe I have 3 games over the 10K mark

glad I got in before these silly prices

I would never overpay for a remake, and those prices are insane. My view on remakes are that if the game was an unfinished product - "Cactus Canyon" or "Kingpin" - then I'm all for it. "Fathom" is one of my all time favorites that took me 10-15 years to source well before it became one of the most sought after machines in this country (along with Embryon, Viking, Medusa etc). No remake will even come close to the classic look and feel (even the SMELL) of the original. I don't understand why manufacturers simply back their own abilities and create an original title / layout to compete with classic machines ? I heard that "Meteor" is being remade - another AWESOME machine. Why ? Are designer's / manufacturer's skills that poor that they rely on original designs ?

If you have the skills and ability to produce a new / unique table, why not produce the next "Meteor" or "Fathom". Stop copying old designs. Lazy, unimaginative money grab. "But it is hard to find an original to own" - Sorry, they are out there if you look for them..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia