Author Topic: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay  (Read 7416 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 06:10:40 PM »
Been pottering around a bit the last few evenings, just cleaning and painting stuff.

Did a dummy fit of the lockdown bar receiver -hmmm a bit rusty!

Being a new cabinet, there are no old holes to locate the lockdown bar and other bits, so its a good idea to measure these up properly!

Cleaning the wiring harnesses

No pics of installing the head decals, or hardware into the headbox, but got the new rails on (leaving protective wrapping on until its finished), then put the head on. Finally starting to look like a pinball machine!

Coin door painted and installed - I was a bit nervous drilling holes for the door, since i had previously forgotten to drill them before painting, but it all lined up OK

I think i quite like the all black look for this machine, the lockdown bar receiver was sanded and painted chrome.

Made the wiring all neat by putting it in split tubing

Transformer painted and cleaned

So actually powered the machine up, and all boots and works - going to look at installing a Pin2DMD display in green to suit the machine

I installed the offset speaker, as per the original design to suit the hologram, i'm thinking of leaving the hologram hardware out  (since the holo is cactus) to make the machine look a lot neater inside.