Author Topic: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay  (Read 7426 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
Started transferring hardware and installing new stickers on new ramp set. My situation is a little unique, in that the ramps on this CFTBL were OK, just aged, whereas another CFTBL (an original possum pin!) i have in the resto queue had its ramps completely melted due to high temperatures.  So the new ramps will go on this resto, and the old ramps will go onto the possum pin. However, i needed to remove the possum pin ramps to swap the hardware (light boards, switches etc), as it would be double handling otherwise.

Just a recap of how festy the ramps on the possum pin are/were...

Bowl before

New bowl with new stickers, polished hardware

Also note lack of mechanical switch on the bowl - i had read elsewhere how some had replaced this with a magnetic reed switch - it happens that NBA FB has a few of these reed switches that i had lying around from my NBA FB to MM conversion, so grabbed one and installed it with double sided tape to the side of the bowl - much less intrusive, and hopefully means i can get an extra spin or two out of the bowl!

Also put the light pcbs in the main swirl ramp - this is a mongrel job, mainly fiddly and repeating installations since i put purple LEDs in it, and only thought to test these after i put the pcb in....of course about 30% weren't working, so had to remove and fiddle with the wire legs of the LEDs to ensure good contact.