Author Topic: LATEST REPAIR JOB  (Read 242 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
LATEST REPAIR JOB
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
Well ive had another machine delivered today to be repaired (Can never have to many machines on the go at once)  Not sure of its age the owner just wants me to get it going but i cant help myself so ill strip it down and try getting it looking good.     As with most Old machine they stop working and out comes the CRC SPRAY   GRRRRRRRR

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: LATEST REPAIR JOB
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »
Let me know how you go with this - i have a very similar unit with one wheel out of alignment, Trying to work out exactly where its meant to sit is a nightmare..
the only way i could think of doing it was to wait till it paid out on jackpot - of course this was not read on the wheels, but seeing as jackpot is only 1 chance out of all of them then i could work out where to move the paper details to - yes??

Well after exhaustive playing over a few weeks, i finally hit Jackpot - walked away to get a cup of tea and then pull out the mech and move the details round... came back and my son had stuck some money in and was happily playing away asking me why i hadnt fixed it yet...
still havent hit jackpot again  @.@ @.@

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: LATEST REPAIR JOB
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »
its a small world 4 sure.
i bought 2 x jubilee mark 2 one armed bandits for $250 each when i went to sydney to pick up my 2nd bugs bunny. the seller had 2 x pokies sitting in his shed that he said were wrapped in plastic for 25 yrs.
u will find that model pictured is apx 1964 to 1967.there will be a serial number stamped on the pull out metal chasis.look carefully.

i bet its a 10 center. the 10 cent pokies can have have red sides.or raw wood.
I gave one of mine to a good friend up here cause he is english and wanted one. when these are fully shopped and rechromed, they can fetch apx $2500. i will post a U.K. based site here for you to look at. enjoy.

http://www.pennybandit.co.uk/13.html

just check out the  inspiration  section on this guys site. talk about bringing stuff back to life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:12:43 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !