Author Topic: Kickers coming outside rubbers  (Read 382 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Kickers coming outside rubbers
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:55:04 PM »
Hi guys
I've recently stripped & polished the playfield of my Demo Man, put leds right through, swapped in new plastics where faded or cracked  & put new rubbers (premium set from Marco) through. The result is fantastic - very happy, it plays great, super fast. One issue though - the right slingshot kicker (& less often the left) occasionally come outside the rubber. This is an absolute p.i.t.a!  Is anyone able to point me towards a solution?
Ta,
Andy.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
Re: Kickers coming outside rubbers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
Not to sure of the solution sorry but if you have gone to all that trouble you should add super bands to your pin. Put them on one of mine and wow....what a difference!! Well worth it imo.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re:
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:06:36 PM »
Is it the correct size rubber?  I take it the posts are tight

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »
Cool game, I've played one a couple of times but I'm not that familiar with this machine. The only gerenal things I can thing of is when you stripped the Playfield did you remove the slig shot assemblies under the playfield at all? All I can think is either the sling shot assembly has been moved, it's loose (check assembly screws into the playfield are tight) or perhaps when you repopulate do the playfield you've done somthing different with the post positions? I'm not sure how you could do that but I've done things on my machines I've had to scratch my head at. Good luck with it anyway.  ^^^

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »
Is it the correct size rubber?  I take it the posts are tight

Also very good points!

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
Wrong size rubbers I reckon. Maybe the manual is wrong. Check how they compare to the old ones
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
Well it's quite embarrassing  !@) - but solved already. I had replaced most of the screws, nuts, etc - & near the end was waiting for the nylon nuts for the slings. When these arrived I put them on hand tight & intended to tighten them later - but never did. So yes it was simply the posts not being tightened down. Thanks heaps - silly mistake on my behalf - but you have saved me hours under the playfield or on the net. It plays perfectly now, zero problems with both kickers. Ta guys.

I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:41:29 PM »
All good, we've all been there before (well at least I have)  glad to hear your all sorted.  ^^^

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »
Yeah - what a goose. Rebuild went well without any major issues, rebuilt one popper, put lane diverter back together - all worked perfectly - then a few loose sling posts let me down. Good lesson though - check the easiest solution first! (I was starting to wonder if I needed change the kicker angles etc....).  Cheers.