Author Topic: Coin door compatibility +12v for coinmech update  (Read 200 times)

Offline arcade2u

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Coin door compatibility +12v for coinmech update
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:15 AM »
Hey all,
Brand new here, just bought me first pinny and looking for a tip or two.
Its a Data East Lethal Weapon 3 from '92 with mechanical coinmechs (one missing).

I'm hoping to replace the coin door with a newer stern or bally coin door that has a note reader provision. Any ideas if the newer stern/bally doors are the same size as data East?

Once I get that far, I just need to access 12volt safely (without overloading any circuits) to run a couple of electronic coinmechs and a note acceptor. Does anyone know if 12volt (or thereabouts as I've run these coinmechs on anything from 7v-36v in the past) is accessible anywhere near the coin door (and if so where), or am I best adding an extra power supply for this?
I have a suspicion there must be something down there, as the options menu provides for displaying a bill acceptor image if a bill acceptor is installed, and has audit reports for 4x coin chutes (despite coin door having provision for 2).

Last of all (will try not to overload my first post) - There seems a bizarre dot matrix problem. Every pixel loads perfect while its in attract mode, but in play the top line of some words is dull. In diagnostic mode when showing all pixels it lights up perfect (except a single verticals strip which is no biggie), but the bizarre part is when it scans left to right and up/down there seems to be a large dead circle in the middle that wont light up. It looks like some sort of magnetic interference in the centre of the matrix but no magnets behind it. Any pointers here would be great too.

Theres an r16 resistor that looks as though its been VERY hot/scorched near a Q4 transistor looking similar (not sure which actualy got hot) in the headboard - is it relevant though I have no clue.

Thanks!

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
Re: Coin door compatibility +12v for coinmech update
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
 %)%
 Machine manual can be downloaded from the IPDB if you don't have one. It has all the schematics.