Author Topic: Bally Fathom Restoration  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Bally Fathom Restoration
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:03 PM »

Some Cabinet work on this update..

The front door is in good condition. The door skin is straight and will come up looking great.

The inside of the door is an absolute mess. The coin eject has a switch installed which is connected to the Coin Chute #1 switch. So this is how you credit up on this game. Ugly.  It is also missing many parts, like the coin acceptor housing, and coin switch brackets and switches. Luckily, I have HEAPS of spares, so I picked out the best quality replacements for the rebuild.

As with all my restores, all parts are washed, cleaned, polished, buffed or tumbled. If they are missing parts, I replace them. That's the basis of a restoration - to restore to as close to original as possible. Here's the inside of the door. I have not yet wired up the door, but almost everything is rebuilt and original.

The door skin was regrained (as per factory). A new lock and coin insert plastics (NOS USA) are installed. The door hinge and frame were regrained. The bolts are buffed, lock down bar assy rebuilt, lock down bar regrained and new beer seal installed. Finally, the ball shooter hardware was buffed and new springs, clip ans washers installed. The legs and legbolts are temporary for now. I'm really pleased with the cleaned and completed front on the game.

Inside the cabinet. Basically, I reassembled the sections after everything was cleaned, buffed etc etc ! I will re attach the door switch (disables power when open).

A new power cable and plug are installed. Everything is clean ! Even Ace approves  <..>

The boring part is next. All the playfield components are stripped, cleaned, polished etc etc .. Tumbler has had a hard workout over the last week or so !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia