Author Topic: Jungle Queen 1977 Restore  (Read 4647 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Re: Jungle Queen 1977 Restore
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
Haven't done the plastics yet but finished the wiring and plugged her in tonight.
A couple of little things I need to troubleshoot but I was pleasantly surprised.
Anyone know where I can get a manual for the machine?

Any ideas on what would cause all the pop bumper coils to lock on when the game is finalizing the start up?
Some photos tomorrow!

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »

PBR have the manuals and schematics to most Gottliebs. I'll check to see if I have a copy somewhere.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
Thanks.

I have been a bit distracted but the only faults I have left is one of the chime solenoids lock on at startup. There must have been a dimensional difference in the coloured pop bumper disks which will be sorted this week now I know what is needed. These had all three switches energised. A circuit diagram would be handy to see where the feed to the chime solenoid will be coming from if you guys can locate one?

Many thanks

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »

PM me you address. I have a gift for you   &&

Offline FLIPPER FREAK

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
G'Day JD. Im new to this site, Not quite sure how it all works yet. Have been reading your Jungle Queen makeover, its looking good . Ive got some schematics for Jungle Princess so if needed let me know & i can email or fax u a copy. Keep up the good work.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »
G'Day JD. Im new to this site, Not quite sure how it all works yet. Have been reading your Jungle Queen makeover, its looking good . Ive got some schematics for Jungle Princess so if needed let me know & i can email or fax u a copy. Keep up the good work.

%)% feel free to post a thread in the introduce yourself section here: http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0  $!&

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2011, 07:39:31 PM »

Many thanks. I have some schematics on their way which will be here shortly but I really appreciate your offer. Once I have sorted the last couple of faults, I will post some updates. The machine looks great!

Cheers

J.D.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Ok,

Many Many thanks to Nino, I now have the schematics for this machine but I am still struggling i'm afraid.
I have re-assembled Jungle queen and have two faults remaining when the machine is started which I am struggling to sort.
When the front bumper skirt is triggered, the front coil locks on. When the switch contacts are opened, the coil remains locked on.
When either the left or right rear bumper skirts are triggered, both rear bumper coils lock on.

I cannot see why this is happening.

I have not removed any wires from the coils or taken switches out or apart. Must be something upstream but relying on the switch as the initial trigger.
Cosing the contacts on the lower switches does not activate scores either but not sure if this is normal without solenoids installed?

The other problem which may or may not be connected is that on start up the first outer chime box coil locks on also. At this point I have taken the wire off it to sort the coils.
All the other switcheds and solenoids appear to work, backbox, lighting etc.

Any ideas from the Gurus?

J.D.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »

It sounds to me like the 100 point or 1000 point relays need adjustment (whatever the value of the pop bumpers are). From memory, the relay picks up the switch (pop bumper skirt switch) and then the 100 point relay pulls in, closing the circuit to the pop bumper coil and the chime. That outer chime box coil is the clue.

The relay is in the head - you will hear it humming when the switch is closed. If you tap it closed with your finger (the relay), it will most likely work. There is an adjustment needed or a wire has come loose.

I wish I had the schematics to verify  %.% %.%

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »

It sounds to me like the 100 point or 1000 point relays need adjustment (whatever the value of the pop bumpers are). From memory, the relay picks up the switch (pop bumper skirt switch) and then the 100 point relay pulls in, closing the circuit to the pop bumper coil and the chime. That outer chime box coil is the clue.

The relay is in the head - you will hear it humming when the switch is closed. If you tap it closed with your finger (the relay), it will most likely work. There is an adjustment needed or a wire has come loose.

Many Thanks Nino.

I will chase that through and see what I get.

J.D.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2011, 09:40:39 PM »

Many Thanks Nino.

I will chase that through and see what I get.

J.D.

Went through my new schematics. (thanks again Nino) relay N was for bumpers and 10 point score. Switched machine on and N relay locked on. I went around the playfield and found a switch locked on. Re-aligned and it stopped chime coil problem thanks. Will reassemble the pop bumpers and re-test but looks great.

Will finish off and get some photos posted.

Many thanks

J.D. 

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »

Good News, JD - Well done  ^^^

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
Ladies and Gents,

Does anyone have a clear plastic for Jungle queen that I could trace the shape?
I have a picture of the others but not this one unfortunately?
I am sending the machine over to Skybeau's for a final adjustment and to sort that remaining problem too so hopefully all done before Christmas.

J.D.