Author Topic: Dutch Pinball - 1st Pinball - The Big Lebowski Pinball  (Read 19499 times)

Offline Dann36

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:

[/quote]
Pinball 2000 cannot be repaired no matter what you do - they are being parted out because of the PC issues ONLY!!!
[/quote]

This is simply not true, i have repaired many pinball 2000 Prism cards and motherboards. It is very rare that either cannot be repaired or become too costly to repair. Just because it is a PC motherboard does not mean it cant be repaired. Please dont let people scare you from buying or keeping a machine because it runs on a PC.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Please dont let people scare you from buying or keeping a machine because it runs on a PC.

+1.

11 months into owning a WOZLE from new, and there has been nothing more serious than a few LED bulbs that needed adjusting upon first unboxing.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

Pinball 2000 cannot be repaired no matter what you do - they are being parted out because of the PC issues ONLY!!!
[/quote]

This is simply not true, i have repaired many pinball 2000 Prism cards and motherboards. It is very rare that either cannot be repaired or become too costly to repair. Just because it is a PC motherboard does not mean it cant be repaired. Please dont let people scare you from buying or keeping a machine because it runs on a PC.

[/quote]

+1

nice to hear, thanks for sharing.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
the Dude abides, don't harsh his mellow.  ()
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:

This is simply not true, i have repaired many pinball 2000 Prism cards and motherboards. It is very rare that either cannot be repaired or become too costly to repair. Just because it is a PC motherboard does not mean it cant be repaired. Please dont let people scare you from buying or keeping a machine because it runs on a PC.[/quote]

Not to discredit your statement, just interested in how you go about those repairs. Do particular components fail and how do you go with obtaining the suitable parts for these repairs? Also, I haven't heard of anybody repairing the Prism card - wonder why owners experiencing failures haven't sought repair, rather look for replacements?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:06:29 AM by 4_amusement_only »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I have had 3 different pin2000 games.

All needed software updates. That in itself was a complete nightmare finding a really old laptop to do the updates with an ancient port no longer made. Prism cards were so over priced it wasn't funny.
Overall, a nightmare. One friends main board needed major work over and above the usual fan replacement etc. That was hit n miss n very costly.

Pin2000 is very lucky or a big boo boo depending on the machine.

If it's an example where PC based pinballs are heading back to, I think time and technology will make the Pin2000 fiasco and fix up hassles a big nightmare again. The average owner will have no idea how to fix.
Pin2000 was hard enough for two experienced electronics guys.

Just hope the PC based designers think way ahead to obsolete computer part issues. Which is never far away with PC based anything....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Hitler chimes in!

utoplay=1&rel=0
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Hitler chimes in!

utoplay=1&rel=0
no matter how many times I see these, it just gets better and better  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Dann36

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:

Not to discredit your statement, just interested in how you go about those repairs. Do particular components fail and how do you go with obtaining the suitable parts for these repairs? Also, I haven't heard of anybody repairing the Prism card - wonder why owners experiencing failures haven't sought repair, rather look for replacements?
[/quote]

Its very rare a custom part fails on these things, its almost always some off the shelf glue logic chips that are the problem. The motherboards have the usual electrolytic cap issues that most boards have and if caught in time don't cause any damage.  The other most common issue is the Super i/o chip which is very easy to find and replace. The prism card contains a couple of chips that are not readily available but still can be sourced but the majority of components on that board are off the shelf items that can be found and replaced. Of course this is just a few examples of what goes.

When i came into this industry i found exactly as you describe ( people look for replacements over repair). I  put this down to the fact the boards are SMD components and have the stigma of not being serviceable when in reality the majority of repairs to anything surface mount is far easier than any through hole repairs. It is true that SMD components are sometimes harder to find as their build life is always shorter but harder does not make impossible. The prism card is nothing special it just has a bad reputation from all the people who condemn the part mostly from what ive seen in online forums. 
People seem to demonize anything with SMD components and so it has become the norm to source a replacement. Most of it due to technicians not keeping their skills up to date and telling customers that their board is un repairable because its all SMD components. Most of the boards i repair come from customers who have been told that the board ( Insert whatever board) is beyond repair because its either more than the one drive transistor they usually replace or due to it having SMD parts or custom chips being blamed as the culprit when the repair just gets too hard..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Warning to those buying TBL

The shit has hit the fan on social media with facebook and on pin side with the person who is the USA ? Distributor wanting out, talking about one of the DPinball owners stealing $60,000.00 pounds and money being evaporated at the speed of light.

The articles I read opened up with a nuclear mushroom cloud coming out of the TBL games Playfield and all the reading just got worse and worse ! It seems this thing is not approved at all by any of the licensing it requires by Universal and the conversations by the person from within the company talks about lying directors and rip offs and mass refunds.

It has been described as people pulling out as the TBL Cluster f**k !

I said from day one I found it hard that the USA guys would so easily trust the Europeans half way round the world. I said the same thing about putting money down for JJP without paying Jack directly cause the risks were blatant and severe. People told me I didn't know what I was talking about. History shows my concerns were absolutely correct.
When are Aussies going to learn talk is cheap setting up a pinball company and you shld only pay for finished products that are sitting right in front of you !
If you can't touch it, pay for it, and put it in your truck or trailer within a few minutes, then don't RISK your money on it.

Looks like DP have been taking money on a product that has not got licences approval and major internal money and management and owner factions.

What another mess for pinball.

Stern is safe. You have to give them that. These other startups, turbulent and very very risky sounds like one percent of it ! I trust Stern and AMD from Sydney. Proven time and time again as honest and they have a fantastic reputation. All the rest, forget it unless it's Stern/AMD.  I would trust a Aussie I had met. Anyone else, pfffff. Not for me. Your money is too hard to earn to risk it with anyone else. That's my honest opinion. If this saves just one person getting ripped off like the WOZ debacle, I will be happy ! It can't happen again with any pinball company coming into Australia !

Do your own homework now, check out the other pinball forums worldwide, search facebook and Twitter etc. Make your own decision about your $$$ or deposits.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:45:48 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
sometimes you don't have to look over the pond, it's around us, buy off the shelf when it is ready to go on large ticket items.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
It seems to me that licensing laws are different (easier) in Holland than the uUSA
The problem that DP was ignoring was that to sell in the USA you have to go by their rules

I do know one guy that got refunded and is not getting back in

I hope it works out

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
This circus continues..

Dear VIPs,

We want to reach out to you about the current situation involving the rumours on Pinside. We are aware of the thread and the worries over Dutch Pinball and The Big Lebowski project. It really hurts us that you are involved in this situation, which is something that should be settled in a professional, business manner. Unfortunately, we had no control over our customers being involved and we regret what is happening now. We want to assure you that we are very busy handling this situation privately and in the best possible way without discrediting anyone. As soon as we can share more information publicly, we will do so.

We know there has also been some recent speculation regarding the status of our very exciting pinball project and want to assure everyone that everything is under control without any problems. To that end, we have brought in Roger Sharpe, acclaimed licensing and marketing expert, to help us as we continue with our final approval process. Roger has extensive experience having worked on all of the Williams and Bally pinball licensing for over 12 1/2 years and his personal relationships with all of the movie studios ensures that we are right on target to bring everyone the best possible pinball product. Our apologies for any concerns that had been raised but know we are still on course and will continue to meet our deadlines and promises.

Please keep in mind that we are the guys that brought three awesome prototypes to Expo in October and to Modern Pinball NYC last weekend. We wouldn't been doing that if we had any bad intentions or wanted to defraud anyone. The only reason this is happening now is because of something that shouldn't be discussed publicly.

Again, we want to make an awesome game - and with this going on, we are even more motivated to do so.

We will answer all of your emails in the next couple of days/weeks, but we first need to deal with this situation and keep our focus on getting you your games.

Team Dutch Pinball 

This email was sent to firstinnings@optusnet.com.au
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
 Dutch Pinball BV / Dutch Pinball USA, Inc. · Doctor Poelsstraat 6 · Reuver, Limburg 5953 NP · Netherlands

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp 

open.php?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Sorry CC
Any licensing issues should have been sorted out before they displayed the game at expo

To me, getting Rodger Sharpe involved now shows that there was a huge problem
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:05:19 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Sorry CC
Any licensing issues should have been sorted out before they displayed the game at expo

For sure, no argument from me here.
I am just passing on the email I was sent for others to read for themselves.