Author Topic: Fathom Backglass  (Read 755 times)

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Re: Fathom Backglass
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
Got mt reply from Kevin regarting the backglass and in a nut shell, tought luck that how they are.

I do thank Kevin for the quick reply and his detail de******ion of the process in which the glass is done.
Kevin said the main difference, seems to be the power of the magenta copared to the Phoenix ones as CPR are more deep and dense.  The quality of both images is identical (identical films), the taste of color balance comes down to personal preference.  

He did say that when it is backlit it will look different to what it look now, as the colours are more deep compared to the Phoenix one.

Will have to wait and see what she looks like on a machine to get a true indication of what it looks like.So far everything i have got from CPR has been fantastic.
Just one Qute from Kevin which sums it up pretty well

In the end, for CMYK work, these are the compromises the hobby are going to have to accept if they want repro's.  We'll be close, especially if we control the design of the films.

So it up to you if you want one and if anyone is interested in having a look for themselves in Perth,drop me a pm.

thanks
Craig
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:35:25 AM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields