Author Topic: seller feedback??  (Read 226 times)

Offline wizo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
seller feedback??
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
Anyone have any dealings with jason from mackenzie and know the quality of his machines? he has a funhouse for $2795 hows  that price???

cheers

Greg

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: seller feedback??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
I have dealt with Jason..got my F-14 Tomcat from him. He trades as well as sells wich works for me from time to time.
I found him reasonble to deal with but he is pretty firm on his prices and that's fair enough with most of the machines I saw that he had for sale. They were in good to very condition but you can lways haggle. %$%
I don't remember seeing a fun house there at the time.
Price seems a lil high for a funhouse for mine but depends on how nice it is and how much you want one.
Gve him a call and go and have a look.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline wizo

• Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply bud!! Im not desperate still trying to figure out what I want for my first game.

also just trying to figure out what fair prices are etc for various machines  :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:13:46 PM by wizo »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
I am unsure of the price of a FH, maybe some of the other guys might have a better idea.
I would reckon 2.5 TOPS for a very nice one but thats just my opinion.
Alway best to shop around and find the title that you really want in the best condition you can find for the best possible price.
I wish you well in your search.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »

Under $3000 for a Funhouse is good buying in my opinion. Having said that, I'd need to see the machine "in person" or see ACTUAL pictures of the machine. I'd say it would have the typical wear, bubbled inserts and cabinet fade.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
3k+ for a decent one most were played to death & have wear, any thing under 3k won't be perfect depends what your happy with  top game to play!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »

Under $3000 for a Funhouse is good buying in my opinion. Having said that, I'd need to see the machine "in person" or see ACTUAL pictures of the machine. I'd say it would have the typical wear, bubbled inserts and cabinet fade.

Rarely seen sub-$3K, and if so would usually need lots of work. Playfields are usually in pretty poor condition given the level of play these got being such a great game. because of the clock inserts, bubbling can be a real issue as mentioned by Nino.

Could do a lot worse for your first game if the one you are looking at is neat.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »
I have seen alot of these titles in QLD over the last 12 months for $2000 and $2500 maximum and they were in excellent condition.
Some titles in some states attract alot less coin $.

I have also dealt with Jason from OzPinball. I found him to be honest and reliable. Certainly a nice bloke with a nice family.
You can definately negotiate with him. Like any seller, study every inch of the machine and ask fifty questions. In this market, every seller should negotiate to a reasonable price that both parties can be happy with. It would seem that VIC sellers charge alot more for this title than QLD sellers do.

Also, go and see Brett from Gameworx in Brisbane (Boundary Rd). He has various well priced titles and he is also a fair dinkum bloke.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline spook

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane, QLD
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
I bought a pin from Jason back in June .... found him to be reasonable and a nice guy to deal with. I stumbled across him before I found these forums and he was quite helpful.
Wanted: Another Williams Flash

Offline wizo

• Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
I like your price ranges Cave I might use you to bargain for me  ^^^  ^^^