Author Topic: whitewater bally williams  (Read 480 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
whitewater bally williams
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
Hi. Just woundering what would u pay for a whitewater bally pinball machine.  I know its a hard question to answer if you dont no what it looks like.
HOS

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: whitewater bally williams
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
2.3 to 3.5k depending on condition but make sure the topper is there and working, also check for wear on the mine kickout as well as the ramp quality / cracks
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »
The price would range from (my opinion only)
$1900 to $2500 for a machine straight out of a import container, which may need a liitle work (bulbs, rubbers,flipper kits) or could need alot of work, incl new ramps, full strip n clean, plus the stuff mentioned before and various parts here n there, this is the bottom end pricing, then range-ing up to
$4000 maximum for a very nice one in a finished shopped condition with everything very very nice and Leds fitted etc.

The last one I saw SOLD was in QLD for $3700 ish cash, it came out of a container, was from Japan and was in home use only condition, cabinet and the whole game was like new.

Notes - A dealer may ask an extra $750 on top of the stated figures, but machine may come with warranty.
Prices tend to be apx 10 - 15 percent cheaper in QLD than other states most of the time.
Can be hard to find a Whitewater with full colour in the cabinet decals from original. Most parts are avail for this title.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
Cheers guys,

Im looking at a project probably a 4/10.
HOS

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »
Ok.cool i checked it out. Looks okay. Whats the story  with the display are they eay to get and expensive.
HOS

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
They are readly available in both new and second hand. Attached is a link for a new one

http://www.pinball.co/Products/12159-5901-12784-00.aspx

Not sure but you maybe able to find cheaper it you have a look at some of the other pinball parts suppliers. Check out some of the links from Wotto's web page.

http://home.kooee.com.au/brainsnap/links.htm

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
Ok thanks
HOS

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
Displays are typically cheaper buying them from the US, especially if you have other stuff to order to make the shipping worthwhile.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
Displays are typically cheaper buying them from the US, especially if you have other stuff to order to make the shipping worthwhile.

+1

Case in point ;

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=973

http://www.pbresource.com/display.html

I buy mine from PBR when I need them  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
Thanks strangeways. Didnt no there was so many different sites out there.

Bye the way great forum.
HOS

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
Whitewater has became a lot more popular in recent times, people often underestimated the game and it was a bit of a sleeper, it is great fun for a beginner and had one of the deepest rulesets to keep even the best pinball players challenged.  It also boasts the most ramps of any game ever made.
Nowadays expect to pay 2.5-3k without a topper, I would strongly suggest finding one with a topper as it is without question the best pinball topper ever designed. Very cool effect.  You will probally pay an extra $500 for the privilege but it is well worth it (and almost impossible to find later down the track if you change your mind).

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 11:23:44 PM »
Mad Amusements, $139 cheapest brand new Dot Matrix Display on the planet for Aussie buyers, excellent model, less than $45postage and very very easy to pay the man with paypal etc. I always buy from Mad, very quick service/postage. Never had a issue with many orders. Always refunds any over-postage.
*note*, I buy alot of Stuff from Pinball-Life, but they charge Americans $139 for a new DMD, but charge us $149 same product, plus postage.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
Mad Amusements, $139 cheapest brand new Dot Matrix Display on the planet for Aussie buyers, excellent model, less than $45postage and very very easy to pay the man with paypal etc. I always buy from Mad, very quick service/postage. Never had a issue with many orders. Always refunds any over-postage.
*note*, I buy alot of Stuff from Pinball-Life, but they charge Americans $139 for a new DMD, but charge us $149 same product, plus postage.

Interesting.

How do you go with ordering from his site ? I've ALWAYS had an error pop up as I complete checkout. Happened several times over the last 12 months, and this issue was raised on RGP several times in the past. It is a problem with his ordering process. He NEVER answers emails, which is bad for business. I've tried also ordering wide body lock down bars from him, but to no avail. I've since heard they don't fit without modification. I think he last lost a lot of business due to this.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:37:11 AM »
Nino, to be honest, I have ordered from the Mad Amusements site many times over the last 4 years and have never had a issue. The website loads instantly, checkout process is simple and takes only minutes, postage is always spot on, and any over postage is always refunded, even if its only ten cents etc. Postage is always spot on estimate wise, as well as very quick, things are packed properly, and things arrive quickly. I like the way they take paypal when others dont which is bad business if you lose orders cause of it. Mad are cheaper 90 percent of the time.
I always email them a thankyou after my product arrives and give positive feedback. I recently purchased new displays for my Phoenix machine, they were the cheapest in the world, and after payment, the product arrived only 1 week later.

Why are we all buying from overseas ? its cheaper, even with added postage, u still save money overseas.
Parts companies NEED to have paypal, need to have auto postage calculator so checkout is instant so u dont wait days for postage quotes.
Australian company)s) would then get more business.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:11:59 AM by Caveoftreasures »