Author Topic: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production  (Read 58804 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
People are blaming Stern for the price of Whoa Nellie, but aren't Stern just building it and selling it on behalf of Whiz Bang, being Nordman and Ferres.
My comments don't refer to any specific member, and espescially not the few above posts but more like a thought that just came to me after thinking for a few days.

Wouldn't Whiz Bang have the majority of the say re decisions and overall direction and final pricing given it is their project. Also, isn't it Whizbang who designed the entire machine.

I think people are assuming that Stern is making a mint on Whoa Nellie. Perhaps Whiz Bang is making a nice chunk of coin for doing the artwork and design etc and are now making a nice profit whilst Stern is paying itself for the labour putting it together and their usual margin for organising all the manufacturing of the parts etc.

The issue isn't neccessarily Stern, it's the fact there are 3 people trying to make profit of only one machine.
Gary - profit
Dennis - profit
Greg - profit

Whoa Nellie technically is just like the Medi Evil Madness remake, it's not a Stern title as such, it's a contract job for Stern to profit share on.

Sometimes on a lot of these Stern threads, people rip the guts out of everything and anything Stern and it's usually everything negative which people focus on.
It does get frustrating to us Stern fan boys because no one on Australia has seen a machine or played one yet. Yet people bag a lot very quickly.
Maybe some people are naturally more comfortable being critics. Lol

As a Blatant Stern fan, I just like to focus on the positive.
Each to their own. I just hope prices on Stern only Pro designs do not climb to anything higher because then I will become something I don't like, a critic. Lol

No one is assuming anything... its a back to basics machine that has come in more expensive than a Pro. The original design has been taken right back... electronic chimes instead of real ones...automatic ball feed etc etc etc.
What was promised and what has eventuated are 2 different things and the price is way above what anyone expected.
Not a lot of positives there and so discussions reflect that.
I can however find 2 positives... artwork is great and no lump of nothing impossible to miss bash toy.