Author Topic: No score display Williams Flash  (Read 1750 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: No score display Williams Flash
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »
Marty, thanks heaps for the offer - i'll see whether i require the part....

Retropin,

Yes that is correct - all scores work correctly except player 1

When i swap another player's score display and connect to player 1 plug, i have the same issue ie: just the end 0 displayed (not 000000).  So i assume the problem is not the actual display and has to be at the main display board end (or driver board).

I pulled the main display board off and checked all connections, and everything seemed OK to my novice eye....

I also carried out the Switch Test (03) and it says any stuck switches will be displayed - nothing was displayed and everything seemed fine - the only issue i have is the 3 bank drop target won't pop back up after all 3 have been dropped (fine for a new game though) - i pulled this apart and the horse shoe wiper thingy is broken on one - but i don't think this would affect the player 1 not scoring issue.

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: No score display Williams Flash
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 12:19:04 AM »
I have to say it "Score of the century" well done !!!#*# :lol

Just a quicky,:
Unplug/plugin the score display #1 connector on & off the display about 10 times...
The abrasion of each plug/unplug will clean the connectors to make them conduct again.
You might be lucky to see score #1 come to life again....it might be *that* simple  %$%

Also unplug/plugin the connector on the main score board too, maybe it's not passing score #1 addressing info through to score #1  ??

(i've fixed a few machines this way myself).

once again, what an abolsute score (no pun intended).
Marty.