Author Topic: New Prothestic Lens  (Read 2186 times)

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
New Prothestic Lens
« on: May 21, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
Yaay! My cancelled cataract surgery appointment came back last week with a rush and i had surgery to replace the lens in my left eye on Monday. !*!

Still have to get the right one done, but it's pretty good, just unbalanced from the good one now, the good one is slowly clearing up, there's still stitches in it but i'm seeing better and better.

Was hoping for a dramatic improvement in my game play from it, not sure if that's going to happen, but i'm hopeful. just had a 200m game on Deadpool, nowhere near my top score but better than i have been going the last few months.

Anyone else got stories to share about the same thing?

Wondering how much it will improve my game when both eyes are new?
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: New Prothestic Lens
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
I've always had good eyes, but in the last 3-4 years my vision has gone downhill, and in the last 6 months, it has got worse. I am off to get a pair of glasses, which I thought I'd never need. EVERYTHING seems to go downhill after you turn 50. Eye surgery - sounds like something I would do anything to avoid..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »
Great to hear

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:20:14 AM »
It's a 12 min op done under local with a little fuzzy juice. Recovery is easy too. The alternative is rapid blindness. It took 18 months or so from diagnosis till i couldn't see anything but milky shapes from my left eye and couldn't ride my motorcycles because i couldn't see after going from light into shadow or vice versa.

I can't wait to get the second one. Brought Tales up from down the back yesterday to fill the hole i left for the Stargate that's not coming, and had a 100m game on it too. Feeling a bit hopeful that stereo vision is going to get me up a notch in short order.

Guess we won't know till i start comp back up.

Does anyone else feel like it may be soon, that we can start social pinball again?

Thanks Pete, how you going adapting? Anything you can't do now that you really miss?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 10:25:10 AM »
"rapid blindness" - I guess I would take the surgery option. I've had two procedures to my hands (fingers) under local, and the most painful part was that massive fuzzy juice needle. But it was interesting to hear the banter from the surgeons etc while they were operating.

I think restrictions will lift slowly. I'm sure you can have small meets with less than 10 people shortly, but it would be hard to do the social distancing unless you have every second machine in a lineup off.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Yeah we tend to play in groups of 4 at a machine in the comps. I shut it down weeks before they started closing everything else so i can wait another couple of weeks now they are opening again.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »
I prefer my glasses
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 11:06:41 PM »
I've always had good eyes, but in the last 3-4 years my vision has gone downhill, and in the last 6 months, it has got worse. I am off to get a pair of glasses, which I thought I'd never need. EVERYTHING seems to go downhill after you turn 50. Eye surgery - sounds like something I would do anything to avoid..
I also got reading glasses once I turned 50  Nino, man huge difference everything’s like HD :) now if I don’t wear them I can’t see a bloody thing lol

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 05:09:25 AM »
Funny thing is, i'll miss my glasses after the other lens is done. I've been planning to keep them as i'll still need them for reading, but get the distance bit adjusted to clear. They double as sunglasses as the are photochromatic, so i'd have to carry two pairs if i give them up. Sunnies and readers.