Author Topic: Would Anyone Buy A Retro Looking New Pinball Machine?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Would Anyone Buy A Retro Looking New Pinball Machine?
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »
I used to think there would be a market for that sort of thing, potentially through a mainstream vendor (ie a Harvey Norman) where Baby Boomers with cash and fond memories could relive their childhood. Nug and I talked about this a couple of years ago before the GFC, I really thought with the right game it was a possibility. We were even looking at getting costs for wiring looms etc done at the time for a game we had in mind (assuming a licence could be obtained if needed). Aim was to make a game that looked and felt just like a restored original, no Zizzle shortcuts.

The King of Diamonds remake doesn't seem to be getting much discussion, so maybe the idea was not as good as it seemed, although we were looking at early solid state rather than EM.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”