Author Topic: ** (CFTBL) Creature Retro Snackbar Mod**  (Read 33917 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: ** (CFTBL) Creature Retro Snackbar Mod**
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
Great news is all the tops come in this afternoon before I leave for a few days with the family ...... and I am happy with the few minor unseen changes that were made to the 1st production run. My apologies to the testers that yours does not have the minor changes - el wire tensioning system.

Basically once the elwire is installed in the testers, it was locked in with a cable tie to hold tension but me being particular was not 100% happy with it. I modified the design to incorporate a small cylinder on the underside to clip the el wire in between the cylinder and the wall and then feed it around to a pass through section to a small cross cylinder to physically hold the elwire in tension and then back again to the larger centre cylinder. It is a positive lock on the el wire and keeps it sitting in the outer groove slightly better. So now glue is not a requirement and people can swap in a different colour into the top in about 5 minutes.

I will update the manual with a how to in the next week.

I will be dropping off the tops for painting on the weekend and also be sending out pm's to the first batch of people on the weekend to see if they still want a mod, addresses etc as this 1st batch should be ready in send out in the 3rd week of November with everyone in that batch receiving around the end of the month.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts