Author Topic: New Q&A site for pinball  (Read 155 times)

Offline Wizcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
New Q&A site for pinball
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:51 AM »
We're trying to get a new site started which will (to the best of my knowledge) be the first q&a site dedicated to pinball. The ambition is that this new site will be *the* place to go for quick comprehensive answers, from a global audience of experts.

It's still in its infancy, but to move things along we need people to sign up and help define what makes a good q&a site for pinball. This means, voting up questions you think are relevant (and voting down those you think would be off-topic). Please also suggest further questions you think would be on-topic for pinball.

Also, please spread the word. The more people that sign up and participate, the quicker this will be!

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/66497/pinball

Thanks guys n gals  ^^^

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: New Q&A site for pinball
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:25 AM »
Can't people just ask a question here and usually get a satisfactory answer?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Wizcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Q&A site for pinball
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
Yep, they can. Or they can ask on Pinside, or rec.games.pinball, or on pinballinfo.com, or on jammaplus, or on...etc etc.

All of these are discussion forums though.  Q&A sites differ by allowing contributors to upvote (or downvote) what they feel are the better answers to questions. Better answers rise to the top. Q&A sites also enable category tagging of questions, which means if you (an expert on homepin products) want to quickly see if any new questions in that category have been asked, you can see them with one click.

Q&A sites are entirely different to discussion forums. I'd like to suggest we create a Q&A site for pinball.

Just to clarify - I have no motive behind this. This is not *my* site, or anyone else's site for that matter. I'm just passionate to see a Q&A site as I think it would be a huge asset to the community.