Author Topic: Gulfstream Restoration  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: Gulfstream Restoration
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »
I gotta agree - thats an awesome gesture from Spurr, but i cant help wincing when you are talking about completely respraying the PF - from what ive seen, it doesnt need it.

Heres an offer;

How well does the paint on the spare PF match that of the one you want to keep? Depending on what condition the pin was kept in - the finish on it will be a slightly different shade of yellowing ( due to linseed based finishes).

If the match is good - chip  a piece off the spare, send it to me and ill post you a small Humbrol type tin of the matched colour. That way you can do the touch ups necessary and retain what looks to me like a very nice PF anyway

When i say a restore, i dont want to strip all the paint and start again. But it will give me an opportunity to practice some techniques that i read about in your resto threads. Cleaning, filling touching up etc. There are a few spots besides the obvious wear that i can work on. Like for instance around the inserts where they have been bashed out and its taken wood splinters/chunks with it.

And Gav what a great offer!!!! the insert chipping away is a perfect opportunity to send some over as the colour matches look good so far. Will know better when i clean all the gunk off the new playfield.

Thanks Guys!!!