Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - re-theme with a lcd  (Read 11265 times)

Offline Nelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Aurora, IL United States
    • Buffy Pinball
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - re-theme with a lcd
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:09 AM »

Here's one I worked on http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Coconut%20Island/

I think at the time this was one of the very earliest documented scratch builds. System was PC based programmed in Basic, long before p-roc was around.

Awesome! I am pretty sure I wouldn't have the patience to do a build like that, let alone, have the knowledge. Bravo! Nice work!  @@*

Ok.. constructive criticism.
Artwork could look a lot better.. cabinet is dull and lacks imagination

Man, you just don't give up do you? We get it, you don't like it. I didn't make this cabinet for you, I made it for me. I happen to like what I have come up with and it seems that most others do too. Lacks Imagination? How so? Let's see pics of your custom creation so I can determine how much better it is than mine. ::)  How about you move on and quit this border line trolling you seem to be doing! <..>

+1 I think it looks very cool. I've been a big fan of pretty much everything Joss Whedons done also, particularly Buffy and Firefly. Great work there.  ^^^

Thanks! Actually, if I did do another custom project after this, it would be a Firefly pin!  ^^^

looks very nice to me
and what a great game to use SOF,
its a better theme than some of the stuff Stern & JJP  have released (IMO)

look forward to seeing the played art when its done

Thanks! Yeah SOF was the perfect layout for me. Great game to start off with, but loads of potential for improvement. This game will have features that SOF didn't have and we are taking full advantage of the drop target assembly on the upper playfield. With the addition of a couple extra switches we have been able to develope 8 main modes and 6+ sub modes for this area alone! The goal is to have a much deeper rule set than SOF, yet still maintain good playability for players of all  skill sets.

I am looking forward to seeing the PF art as well. It will be one of the last things I tackle though. I need to make sure the game play and rule sets are solid and locked in before adding it.  The basics are pretty much set in stone, but I want to make sure the art work flows well with how the game plays.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:43:59 AM by Nelly »