Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18189 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Not sure its a discussion at all... seems the focus is on the discussion here and 4 or 5 keyboard retards having a supposed attack at Mike. Apparently, the last paragraph of the article is being ignored which somehow "clarifies" the article.

Confused? ..LOL

An article with the title "Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?" is going to promote discussion on what exactly?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
As I said a few pages ago, in the absence of facts, speculation will occur

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
 Its now the machine no one can openly discuss without being labeled as bashing a fellow Aussie...if you are on AA that is.
If open discussion isn't allowed, then declaring the intention to make a pinball machine is a big mistake as it will lead to a lot of heated debate on both sides of the fence. Those that have funds invested have every right under the sun to know whats going on and having a statement that says the PF is 90% complete in an article that is apparently nothing but supposition doesn't seem to allay fears for some reason.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
If it plays well, is built well and is priced well...  ^^^

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Not sure its a discussion at all... seems the focus is on the discussion here. Apparently, the last paragraph of the article is being ignored which somehow "clarifies" the article.

Confused? ..LOL

LOL the plebs over there have been browbeaten into subservience for so long by the corrupt hierarchy and are too shitscared to address the real elephant in the room so they have to look to other forums.

Its now the machine no one can openly discuss without being labeled as bashing a fellow Aussie...if you are on AA that is.
If open discussion isn't allowed, then declaring the intention to make a pinball machine is a big mistake as it will lead to a lot of heated debate on both sides of the fence. Those that have funds invested have every right under the sun to know whats going on and having a statement that says the PF is 90% complete in an article that is apparently nothing but supposition doesn't seem to allay fears for some reason.

Using your own independent judgement and critical thinking skills to evaluate a situation. Now that's just Unastrayan.  %$%
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:00:03 AM by pinsanity »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Maybe it is Ward Pemberton? He designed my favourite game Gilligan's Island and Thunderbirds have is based on an Island.
This would be cool if he implemented the rotating Island toy.
Pure speculation and pure fun.  %$%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Alan Smithee sounds like the most likely contender at this rate.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Since I am awake & have been up all night in the US of A having fun & had 10 minutes spare (some of us young 45 year olds don't go to bed at 7.30 pm like 80 year olds do Mr Pinsanity) I read this thread. And before I forget, I bought the Princess of AP a few extra matchbox & hotwheels Ferraris for his 70 plus collection. No need to thank me. It's all good.

The article I read, at the start of this article was just crap in my humble opinion.
It was designed to stick the knife in & the title of the thread was pretty misleading to say the least.
But at least, the two most stalker activating words regarding pinball in the last few months, Bugs Bunny, weren't mentioned. Lol. It's a joke Princess Ferrari, don't lose us lollie, it's just a joke since you missed me.
But I took your photo to the shooting range in Illinois, and I didn't miss you ! (Boom boom - another awesome joke - lol)

Look, shit happens in pinball.
Yeh the game is late. We all face challenges in our life.
I waited sixteen years for a B Job in my marriage & never got it so a few years waiting for a pinball seems like a walk in the park. (Another joke if my lovely x wife is reading)  *)*

Personally, if the pin didn't eventuate, and Mike stuck to cocktail games & his contracts to supply big USA pinball manufacturers pinball parts, and did some refunds, I would declare the man a genius because the living in the pinball hobby eat their own & it's a pretty negative back stabbing keyboard commando shitfest year after year.
I will say that it seems that the intelligent majority in pinball enjoy carving up anyone who even dares to manufacture pinballs. Most people in this hobby are dark in hard to please.

So if JJP, Stern & others get their throats slit daily by the haters, I would say to Mike, why bother.
Cash in, do anything but build a pinball machine, because even if u finish it tomorrow, and it's the best thing since a matchbox Ferrari or sliced bread, 90 percent who aren't even buying one, will trash your efforts anyway.

The article was crap.
I really only posted because I know my princess on AP is missing me & I didn't want him to feel lonely.  <..>
I will be back in the country soon & you can hide in the bushes outside my bedroom window again, so it's all good, you haven't missed much.

Good to see you guys talking about pinball & remember, nothing in pinball is perfect, or ever on time, so it's all normal.
Cow Corner was right, that J Pop shelf be locked up because he kept trading when he knew he couldn't deliver.
I am amazed he is still alive or hasn't been jailed.

Mike is a stand up guy. He would hate being late on this pinball, and I know he would do the right thing if anyone pulled out, so don't let anything worry you if you are in on this game.

Peace to all & have a fun & safe Easter please everyone.
Kind regards, COT.  ^^^
P. s - I wonder how many more pages this thread can go on for based on that pretty crap article ?
Maybe we need to do a Ferrari pinball thread, because I know someone "special" who would be all over that like a 12 year old boy with a booby magazine....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

P. s - I wonder how many more pages this thread can go on for based on that pretty crap article ?

probably similar to the bugs bunny ramp thread  %.%

Sorry Cavey but Mike didn't look after everyone in regards to the balls and his rant about that, which is then a potential large concern for a game. I hope he changes his ways and has a game plan to solve large issues down the track.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I hear ya.
I hear ya.

Don't know much about the balls but that's what happens when you try to do something brand new, you stumble like a toddler walking. The pinball industry should have stuck to the balls they made for Viper Night Drivin made by Sega in 98/99. They don't rust, they still stick to magnets and coating them in different colours of rubber would be more appealing & easier on any play field than shitty rusty pinballs that have the clock ticking from day one cause wood, metal & metal don't make a good threesome.

I say fark the metal silver balls off and do glow ball style pinballs like my Viper Night Drivin has.
Lighter & faster & kind to everything they touch.
I quick wipe with some tisdues or a baby bum wipe & they are clean in 5 seconds.

Did the ball failure get fixed ?
I never heard what the problem was or what it supposedly did or didn't do ?
I know someone will educate me please on the ball failure or issues ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:

probably similar to the bugs bunny ramp thread  %.%

Sorry Cavey but Mike didn't look after everyone in regards to the balls and his rant about that, which is then a potential large concern for a game. I hope he changes his ways and has a game plan to solve large issues down the track.

And with the deliberate digs at one member in an attempt to create a reaction?
Wasn't there a request by COT recently?

QUOTE:

I wonder if the spiteful comments from the select few will stop or will another 6 pages of shit be added in my absence.
I hope to be proven wrong but knives in the back from a few are a favourite past time.
Enjoy !

..And yet they've started again from the self proclaimed "victim"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I hear ya.
I hear ya.

Don't know much about the balls but that's what happens when you try to do something brand new, you stumble like a toddler walking. The pinball industry should have stuck to the balls they made for Viper Night Drivin made by Sega in 98/99. They don't rust, they still stick to magnets and coating them in different colours of rubber would be more appealing & easier on any play field than shitty rusty pinballs that have the clock ticking from day one cause wood, metal & metal don't make a good threesome.

I say fark the metal silver balls off and do glow ball style pinballs like my Viper Night Drivin has.
Lighter & faster & kind to everything they touch.
I quick wipe with some tisdues or a baby bum wipe & they are clean in 5 seconds.

Did the ball failure get fixed ?
I never heard what the problem was or what it supposedly did or didn't do ?
I know someone will educate me please on the ball failure or issues ?

Basically that they stuck together due to get magnetised and one Aussie had them in a few games and they started to flake metal flakes throughout the game - with the risk or damaging the playfield.

apparently some places are still selling regardless of being retracted from being for sale and they are on AA and aware of the issues.

Homepin sent a message to dealers to not sell anymore but it was only shared on Aussie Arcade and no other forum as all hush hush - go figure. So now he only goes to AA and bailed on AP and pretty much Pinside because he hates the US - not the best marketing plan. So now he currently does not sell the balls, imagine the baby steps with a full pinball - he needs to hire someone to look after manufacturing issues and the public relations.

As for the glow balls there are new types of glow balls but not the cheapest and they chip.

I have enquired with a US company and they claim they can make ceramic covered pin balls and also add multiple colours but the minimum runs are too much at $15 a ball but they reckon they would last 10x longer than a regular steel ball and cause less scratch damage to a playfield.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Gavin (Retropin) , those other threads were serious & the few squabbles were heated & things were said in a serious manner.

This was a piss take, said in jest with humour & we all like a joke etc etc.
I can take it & cop it back if it's in fun & it's not incl people's wives n kids etc etc.

From now on, it will only be in jest & a poor attempt at humour & nothing serious.
Me & my mate can hug & make up.

As long as it's a piss take, I don't mind copping it back.
It's only because I was mentioned at the start of the thread a few pages in a few times I added some humour to lighten things up.
It's not serious, those days are over.
Because remember, as Bugs Bunny used to say, " Pinball is meant to be fun ".

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:09:40 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
You have a "unique" sense of humour.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I'm confused.....is it all good fun til someone gets shot in the foot or is everything a personal attack these days?
Political correctness sucks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:22:57 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"