Author Topic: The Best 1968 Pinball  (Read 849 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Best 1968 Pinball
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
From the top 300 EM list on IPDB

32.     1968 Royal Guard by Gottlieb 25 ratings:   7.84/10     
Audio:7.4  Playfield:8.0  Art:7.7   Fun:8.1

50.     1968 Doozie by Williams  14 ratings:   7.79/10     
Audio:7.0 Playfield:7.9   Art:7.4   Fun:8.3

73.      1968 Ding Dong by Williams 10 ratings:  7.74/10     
Audio:6.9 Playfield:7.7  Art:7.7   Fun:8.2

93.      1968 Fun Land by Gottlieb 14 ratings: 7.69/10     
Audio:7.6 Playfield:7.7  Art:7.6   Fun:7.8

121.      1968 Lady Luck by Williams 19 ratings: 7.60/10     
Audio:7.3 Playfield:7.6  Art:7.5   Fun:7.8

161.      1968 Domino by Gottlieb 11 ratings: 7.24/10     
Audio:7.8 Playfield:7.2  Art:6.8   Fun:7.2

173.     1968 Spin Wheel by Gottlieb 10 ratings: 7.04/10     
Audio:6.8 Playfield:6.8  Art:7.6  Fun:7.0

179.      1968 Paul Bunyan by Gottlieb 11 ratings: 6.93/10     
Audio:6.5 Playfield:7.5  Art:6.5   Fun:7.1

note all the Bally's from this list are missing. Very strange ratings, as none of these games are half as fun as Dogies, Gator or Joker. Seriously, Ding Dong is one of the most boring titles of all time. Doozie is the pick of the bunch, but still no where near Dogies or Hayburners II.

Typical ratings from US collectors who are blind to anything other than GTB or WMS

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
I enjoyed playing the VP version of Doozie/Daffie

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Never seen or played the games you are talking about Nino (I don't get out much  %.%) but gotta agree Zipper Flippers are great fun and one day I am going to get a game that has them .

I have a shipment of Bally EMs about to leave and nearly all of them are Ballys with Zipper flippers. These titles are SUPER rare and great players. Some are so good they are slipping straight into my personal collection.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
Never seen or played the games you are talking about Nino (I don't get out much  %.%) but gotta agree Zipper Flippers are great fun and one day I am going to get a game that has them .

I have a shipment of Bally EMs about to leave and nearly all of them are Ballys with Zipper flippers. These titles are SUPER rare and great players. Some are so good they are slipping straight into my personal collection.

There's always a temptation around the corner in this hobby isn't there  . Don't suppose there would be a Fireball up for grabs ? ()
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:14:26 PM by goodolddays »
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
Never seen or played the games you are talking about Nino (I don't get out much  %.%) but gotta agree Zipper Flippers are great fun and one day I am going to get a game that has them .

I'm going to have to report you to a mod , that behavior is just selfish and not tolerated here . Unless share the good titles around I'm telling nick . Sharing is caring nino ! 

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Never seen or played the games you are talking about Nino (I don't get out much  %.%) but gotta agree Zipper Flippers are great fun and one day I am going to get a game that has them .

There's always a temptation around the corner in this hobby isn't there  . Don't suppose there would be a Fireball up for grabs ? ()

Xmas is over... Fireball up for grabs indeed... %.% %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »

I'm going to have to report you to a mod , that behavior is just selfish and not tolerated here . Unless share the good titles around I'm telling nick . Sharing is caring nino ! 

List will be finalized shortly. Once they are on the water, I'll list them here.

There's always a temptation around the corner in this hobby isn't there  . Don't suppose there would be a Fireball up for grabs ? ()

Xmas is over... Fireball up for grabs indeed... %.% %.%

No way - Fireball is STRAIGHT into the collection  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
I was born in 1965 and I am restoring a Gottlieb Ice Revue from 65
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
Interesting topic  *%* I cant offer any suggestions im sorry to say  !@)

I too was born in '68 (popular year that)  %.% I never really thought about getting a pin from my birth year  *.*

I've got one from '69 though (Gtb Mibs) thats near enough for me i guess  :lol

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »
I have a restored 1968 Bally Dixieland.. Great game which has the zipper flippers. Maxing out the clarinet saucer then accruing a letter of Dixieland which carries over from game to game. Top stuff. 

Offline Classicpinballs

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 05:26:09 AM »
Gottlieb's Royal Guard would be my 1st choice. Simple enough playfield layout, but as its got the moving targets too, it makes for some good shots during play.

WMS's Doozie is good too - I think that was made in 68 too. All those zipper-flipper machines are good to play [if set up properly  ::) ]