Author Topic: Rescue 911 Dot Matrix Display  (Read 218 times)

Offline Wayno

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Rescue 911 Dot Matrix Display
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:54:49 AM »
Good morning guys,

Firstly I am a complete newbie and have already learnt a lot just browsing your posts over the last few days.

I have just bought a Rescue 911 machine which is in general in very nice condition.  I have a small issue with the dot matrix display in that it looses a vertical line through the text/graphics.

I am wondering if this is a fault with the display itself or a driver board that generates the display.  Again excuse me as I am trying to get to understand how it all works and goes together.  Is there some sort of driver board integral to the screen or is it on one of the other cards inside the machine.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this and knows how to repair it or would replacing the screen solve the issue.  I have no problems buying a new screen if this will solve the problem but don't want to do so if it is actually a problem with whatever is driving the screen display.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for an informative source of information.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Rescue 911 Dot Matrix Display
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
 $.$ and  %)% to AP.

The problem is intermittent, and will most likely be a dry joint or broken leg on the display. You can resolder that broken leg and it should be ok.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline mitchjjam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Rescue 911 Dot Matrix Display
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
True. Look at the connectors and check for solder cracks. Also check anything that has had repair. This is usually the place where mistakes have occurred