Author Topic: Zaccaria parts needed for Earth wind and fire  (Read 2615 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Zaccaria parts needed for Earth wind and fire
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
probably in test mode due to flat batteries.

also did you get the 39v dc as per my pm? (solenoids)

after looking at the schematic it looks like the batteries are rechargeable, looks like it has a charge circuit.
if you or i am going to change them to standard batteries then we need to put a diode in series with the batteries.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
Yeah will leave that one to you I think.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »
sounds like probs with the power supply or the connectors.
as you said in the pm the displays have gone off again.
after i rebuild the power supply you will need to check all the connectors and pins to make sure they are fine
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
These Zaccaria's can be in a weird test mode until you set up the variable paramaters stored in CMOS or at least until the machine thhinks you have.  I have seen this on many machines with flat batteries when setting them up for the first time... 

The below wording is an abstract from David Gersic Zaccaria site.  Do this when you power your machine on and see what happens, this does not explain the displays going off and that sounds like a power supply or connector issue...

"Once the board boots and runs the game ROMs, it will need to be set up. Zaccaria 1st Generation games do not have any built-in software default settings to work with, they assume that the settings data in CMOS is correct and will use it. If the data in CMOS is incorrect, the game will boot, but will have no idea what to do next. It will cycle the displays between 666666 and 999999 and may make a sound effect to alert the operator that something must be done.

There are two buttons required to enter the game settings and audits. First, push the button on the CPU board. This memory protection ensures that only somebody with a key to open the backbox can enter the game audits and settings. After pushing the CPU board button, push the Advance button on the coin door. The Ball / Credit display should now show a "06". This is the first of the game settings. (01...05 are the self tests, accessed via the Advance button but without pressing the CPU board button first)."

Dean

Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »
Thanks Dean. Will need to get the boards checked first I think as there is something going on. Will send them up to beaky and get them all sorted as they look fairly old and there is no harm rebuilding the p/s board etc