Author Topic: GOTTLIEB SYSTEM 80  (Read 2475 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: GOTTLIEB SYSTEM 80
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »
Daniel,

The more I think about this, the more I think you are missing an EPROM.  Maybe you have the game prom as mentioned above that fits in the Prom 1 socket and are still missing the EPROM U3 that contains the system software??  The adapter board is definetly for U3.  You will need to confirm from PBR what EPROM they have supplied you.  Did you request U3?  Or did you request the GAME PROM.

I think you have the game prom and still need the U3 EPROM that fits in the adaptor and contains the system software.  Earlier system 80 and 80a had two chips at U2 and U3 and PROMs at PROM1 and / or PROM 2.  In 80b they got rid of U2 and added the adapterboard at U3.  But think ROCK would still need EPROMS at both U3 and PROM1.

I have email PBR to check, but maybe you should seeing as you purchased the eprom as they may respond to you sooner.  As I say I have not seen a ROCK and dont have the manual to tell you for sure.

PS.  On the System 80b machines that I have seen that only had the one EPROM at U3 the socket at PROM 1 was not installed.  Your picture shows a socket at PROM 1.  This is what makes me think that possibly this machine uses 2 EPROMS.  Anyway I could be barking up the wrong tree, but definatly worth checking with PBR to eliminate this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:40:54 PM by Dean Morgan »
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock