Author Topic: Gottlieb Sinbad Restoration  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Sinbad Restoration
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »

Stripping under the playfield I noticed that it was in very good condition, but had a couple of parts that were corroded / rusted - but this was not common throughout the machine. Strange. So it will be removed and replaced.

Topside, I've cleared it using Nifti and then Magic eraser and alcohol. I then polish it using Novus and then finally several coats of wax. I then go over the insert borders. Straight forward for a game like this that will have no touch up work done as it really does not need it.

The original boards are intact, but need work. The MPU is beyond repair. Power supply has been used for parts. The driver board looks OK. These will be replaced with a PASCAL PI-1X4.

I've completely stripped the head and cleaned / polished / tumbled the parts. Reassemble and it looks much better already.

Even the headbox Hinges are removed and polished.

Reassembled and ready to test the displays.

I do my own "in house" Zinc Plating for smaller parts, and I've got the process working well for me. I even started mucking around with the legbolts !

Flippers were in good condition. After stripping them, it told a different story !

Rebuilt with new flipper kits

The Drop Target Assemblies are stripped, cleaned and rebuilt - Does not take that long to do and makes a huge difference to the game.

Next - The Pascal board and testing !

:D
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia