Author Topic: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay  (Read 7433 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »
Well, this journey has almost come to an end. Spent last weekend putting all the bits together, i think the pictures tell the story (sorry about all the pics, but Creech is such a stunning looking machine, especially with new shiny bits!).

A few mods, hooked GI to the pop bumpers (although 2 need troubleshooting), installed all Green Titan rubbers,, mainly green start posts and lane guides, as well as green light up start posts for the slings. Purple LEDs in the swirl ramp, and green LEDs in the bowl.  Also, as previously mentioned, put a reed switch in the bowl to take away the look and resistance of the lever switch - not sure whether it is this, or the new bowl, or a combination of both, but it is quite easy to get 6 or 7 swirls of the bowl in one go!

Also, playing on the cleared playfield is amazing, you can't even hear the ball roll, and it plays silky smooth.  I also think polishing all the metal bits has made a nice difference as well.  Only one error, and that was i accidentally had the inlane and outlane switches reversed when reinstalling the wiring harness.

Really happy with how it has turned out, just need to paint the rest of the pink legs for something different, and sort out an option for a replacement hologram - would prefer the LCD mod.

Love the reflection of the habitrail from the cleared playfield in this shot!

And a little bit different looking from the starting point a few months ago!