Author Topic: IPHONE HELP  (Read 537 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
IPHONE HELP
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
My Iphone died a few weeks back and my replacement has arrived.  When i plugged it into my computer i was told that it needs a newer version of itunes.  WHich i get and restore the phone to my last back up.    All fine have phone numbers etc.   But ive now lost all my APPs which ive paid for can anyone offer advice im not upto reading 80000 lines to find out

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: IPHONE HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
Daniel,
My wife has purchased the first version of the I-Phone, then it died. She replaced her phone with the newer version of the I-Phone and she has said that u can only upload to your new phone anything that u backed up from the old phone when you synked it last to your home/work computer via I-Tunes.

Therefore, anything u uploaded to your computer from the old phone u can send accross only. If u added 100 apps to your old phone since u backed it up last, u would have lost any data/apps when the old phone died.

If u still have the old phone, and the Apple store can synk it for you, they may be able to send all the apps accross. My wife says check your i-tunes account and it MAY have saved all your apops on the I=Tunes site. Make sure the boxes are ticked to transfer the apps accross. The i-Phone store via telephone is your best help here (or call my lovely wife and she will ramble about i-tunes all night long since she has 8 million apps n songs on her phone.lol)

Brett
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
Daniel,

On your itunes account, do you still see the apps under the library?

If so, it should just be a matter of syncing the applications back onto your phone..

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:31 PM »
Ok cool I'll try logging onto iTunes and see how we go.     I had backed up my iPhone regularly as it was never quite right from the start I'd actuall restored the phone to factory then restored it and all the apps came across automatically.    It's restored all my important web sites ( ok so AP was there) just no apps.   Bloody technology lol

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
Ok cool I'll try logging onto iTunes and see how we go.     I had backed up my iPhone regularly as it was never quite right from the start I'd actuall restored the phone to factory then restored it and all the apps came across automatically.    It's restored all my important web sites ( ok so AP was there) just no apps.   Bloody technology lol

I don't actually think apps get backed up, as they stay on your itunes library on the computer as well as your phone.  Everytime you plug it in, they sync.

If you bought one direct on the phone, and did not sync then it may be gone, however you should be able to download again and not have to pay.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
mmm.... IFAIL

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 10:03:28 PM »
mmm.... IFAIL

:lol

I hate my iphone for many reasons. Good at some things, bad at many others - mostly being a phone!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
I'm a technophobe .. don't have an Ifone and don't won't one .. LOL ..
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
I'm a technophobe .. don't have an Ifone and don't won't one .. LOL ..

Heh, I am not a technophobe, but I want an Android phone rather than an iPhone.

Offline massappeal

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 10:46:12 PM »
Those new windows 7 phones like the HTC HD7 are really good

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
love both phone and pad. Daniel sync is the go and if you didn't have the app in itunes, just find the app and I think it should recognize that it has been purchaed previously. Simply download it again.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline jumpback

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »
did you sync your iphone to your itunes before sending it off

Offline creaper

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, W.A
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
Even if you dont have the apps on your computer still, you can still re-download them from itunes as you have already paid for them and sync with your phone. Itunes is always a PITA for just about everything. I went Android a while ago because I like to fiddle, however in doing so I manage to stuff things up sometimes.