Author Topic: New Pin Day, (first one in a LONG time!)  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
New Pin Day, (first one in a LONG time!)
« on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
Been a hell of a long time since i've added any new games to the lineup, some pics of my latest addition to the collection, another holy grail title for me; Gorgar!

Have been after this particular game for the last ten years, hounding my mate who had it saying it needs to come home with me  %.%
Last Sunday was driving home from Armidale after some band gigs, called in on my mate and wasn't even thinking about buying anything new (was the last thing on my mind actually!) He started talking about taking this one (and an Eight Ball i restored for him a few years ago) to an auction.. well next thing i knew a deal was done and i was on my phone transferring funds into his account, part of the money i was saving for a van to haul pins actually!

Anyway after the 450k round trip yesterday to pick it up, a few pics of the game in my lineup in one room of my house. First fully functioning game i ever bought (and most expensive!) i had previously got the game going when my mate bought it. Cabinet is in pretty good shape needing only a few touchups, same deal for the backglass which will be sealed soon as i have some decent weather here (needs some blue touchups). Playfield has had a couple of touchups done at some point of its life and has been mylared. For the time being i've set it up to enjoy and will do a little work on it at a later date.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:36:46 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Re: New Pin Day, (first one in a LONG time!)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »
Nice pickup!

I currently have a Xenon and I am really hoping to find a Gorgar myself to add to my lonely SS.

Nice lineup, cheers for sharing.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »
That looks to be in very good condition ! Nice find. First game with speech from memory ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »
That looks to be in very good condition ! Nice find. First game with speech from memory ?

Yes its in real good shape Nino, All the electronics were done by myself when my mate bought it all those years ago and it runs 100%. Just some minor cosmetic work needed on the cabinet, and i'll seal the backglass. Some of the dark blue has delaminated a little so i need to get onto it asap so it doesn't get worse, and some touchup work to a few areas of missing ink.

And yes from what i understand it was the first game to have speech. Very happy to own it now after hassling him for the last ten years or so to con it out of him! It's copped a fair amount of playing over the last few days!  *%*
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:23:10 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 03:32:03 AM »
Gorgar beat you !!!   Mines packed up but won’t be going anywhere anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk