Author Topic: Stern Stars Reconditioning  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern Stars Reconditioning
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:23:14 AM »
Still on the cabinet. The idea is to give it a clean and check that everything is working. The Power Cord and EMI filter are mandatory replacements. The door does not need too much attention, but I thought I'd freshen it up a bit with a repaint.

The beehive plunger assembly will be replaced

The inside of the cabinet will be cleaned and the ground braid checked. The lock down bar assembly was broken, and I had to come up with the fix for that to work properly.

Credit Knocker was nicely cooked !

This was interesting - There was a "spider web", or fluff all over every metal part. Initially I thought it was a thin film of corrosion as it was attracted to the metal parts only. Really strange to see this. I ended up rebuilding all the mechs anyway, but it was something I'd not seen before.

The playfield was starting to come together. I was very pleased with the results of the contact removal and clean up !

Here's the door repainted with a new lock

All the mechs are rebuilt. New Drop Targets and Pop Bumper parts. The knocker assembly has a new coil !

Full flipper kits installed. New coils as well as the old coils were generic Hankin and a dead coil. Everything is basically replaced.

The mechs are installed. Most of the lamp sockets are replaced as they were either frail or broken.

The apron and shooter lane gauge have been refinished and a Pinball Rescue Stern decal installed. Looks so much better. Fantastic product !

Next Update - Electronics !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia