Author Topic: P3 Pinball - pre-orders being taken for Lexy Lightspeed  (Read 54229 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Interesting idea Swinks with the traditional-style playfield. So, I think what you mean is that you would still have the LCD screen on the playfield but have simulated inserts and artwork to replicate those of a traditional playfield rather having the ball interacting with the video elements on the playfield.

Yes, I think what you are suggesting would be useful as an intermediate step between traditional pinball and the more innovative ways in which the P3 can be used. It's interesting that Gerry has been calling Lexy Lightspeed their 'traditional game' and their next game 'Cosmic Carts' will be even more radical.

Maybe it would be easier to design the kind of game that you are suggesting on the P3 because you would not have to utilise complex animations and the sensor tracking. It think it would be cool to see an 'EM-style' game on this system.

I think the great thing about the P3 is that all these different kinds of games are possible on the P3 and you will potentially be able to swap between them.

I think there are a lot of very clever programmers out there who would be able to design games for this.