Author Topic: P3 Pinball - pre-orders being taken for Lexy Lightspeed  (Read 54239 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
To be honest, I initially put may name down just to offer my support but the more I see, the more I appreciate how much thought they have put into every aspect of the design and how much I think this will add to the pinball playing experience.

At the moment there is a no-money down pre-order, the expected price for the P3 system plus two games is US $9995. They plan to have a cheaper option for the system with one game only, it hasn't been announced yet but I think it will be around $8000. Then, if I recall correctly, additional games were to be around $1500-$2000, but again, not set in stone.

I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone, I don't even have a DMD game (my newest game has an alpha-numeric display) but of all the games being made today, I think that this one has the most chance of drawing new people and kids into the hobby. The playfield LCD can show newcomers what to shoot for very clearly, there's more space to explain rules in an intuitive way and there are already options built-in for team-play, handicapping, saving games, etc. Multimorphic attended a recent gaming and technology show in Austin, Texas, and Gerry said that the kids there understood what to do instantly (he also posted several pics of children crowded around it.

I don't like the Lexy Lightspeed theme, so I'll likely be waiting until more games are available but I'm certainly thinking I might invest in a P3 at some point in the future.

P.S. I had another look at the video and they are the updated legs so I think those are what you get.